Avery stone and bug protection

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Avery stone and bug protection

If one gets most chips when on trips (hey that rhymes!), then perhaps a regular bra, for under 100 bucks, that you put on only when you go on trips, might be a better solution.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast

For $100 you get what you pay for. Paint getting rubbed off

Old 04-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Howz the 3M protection holding up for you guys that had it installed?
When it comes to waxing your car, What does a body do with the area coved by the 3M film? Just avoid it?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
Howz the 3M protection holding up for you guys that had it installed?
When it comes to waxing your car, What does a body do with the area coved by the 3M film? Just avoid it?
Pretty well so far! It was installed last November by the dealer before I picked up the car so it is now been tested for one Canadian winter. There are a couple of very small areas, about a quarter of an inch long on the inside of tight curves, (e.g.the dummy fog light opening) where it has shrunk and pulled away from the surface. It is hardly noticeable although I will mention it to the dealer the next time I visit the service department. Other than this the 3M film looks as good as new. Can't comment on waxing the car it is not in my vocabulary!

Old 04-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Other than a couple of bumper car parking license plate cuts, it has weathered perfectly with the rest of the car. As for waxing, it handles it like a charm. I've only hand waxed for fear of getting over zealous with the machine. High heat removes the product and I wouldn't use abrasive (paint renewing) wax on it. Spray on wax does the job just fine and saves time too.