Been under the storage bin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Been under the storage bin?

Just wondering if anyone while in the process of hunting down squeaks and rattles, has seen if there is anything important under the storage bin forward of the gear shift (the one with the one piece garage door looking cover?) Its a perfect place to mount my XM receiver, and I would love to sink a couple screws through that "plubber" that is lining the bottom of it.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Old 12-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Been under the storage bin?

Originally Posted by marklw47
Just wondering if anyone while in the process of hunting down squeaks and rattles, has seen if there is anything important under the storage bin forward of the gear shift (the one with the one piece garage door looking cover?) Its a perfect place to mount my XM receiver, and I would love to sink a couple screws through that "plubber" that is lining the bottom of it.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
It has the "Aux Input" jack for plugging in your MP3 player.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Mark - my husband wired my Sirius receiver through there. There is, apparently, a pop-out panel of some kind behind the storage unit. Can't say where, but you should take a look.

My husband mounted the antenna on the roof at the corner of the windshield and passenger door, and threaded it down the edge of the windshield and through the door. Maybe you can figure something like that out too.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Enthusiast

On the Passenger side of the storage bin there are 2 knock out pieces there and I to have my Sirius antenna running thru there. I tucked the in between the counsel and under enough trim to make it out to the trunk lid.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marklw47

Thanks in advance,
Mark
It is so perfect that Toyota puts the dealer installed XM/Sirius units under that storage bin. The duct to the rear vents runs there and they velcroed mine to the duct. There is plenty of room under there.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

If you are interested in pictures of storage bin or under the storage bin, here is a link to the thread about a backup camera install that I just posted.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ad.php?t=11672

I have seen the space under the stoage bin and there is plenty of it.