beeping on slick corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default beeping on slick corner

Hi Guys and Gals,

Haven't been on lately, but still lovin' my TCH... we are having more snow this year than last and the car is performing beautifully. We have a long somewhat steep driveway that the traction really kicks in on to go up and then there is a sharp corner to the left at the top where I need to continue accelerating. Recently when coming to this spot I get 3 or 4 short, high pitched beeps as I round this corner...(my hubby can't hear them). I assume that these are related to traction but what do they specifically indicate?

Thanks!

Barb

Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: beeping on slick corner

Rapid beeps accompanied by a blinking "Slip Indicator" (the car with the squiggly lines) indicate that the stability control is in action.

The blinking slip indicator without the beep is the traction control.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: beeping on slick corner

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it was something like that since it only happened around the corner. The traction was really kicking in before that, too.

Barb