Best Price for OEM 12v Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Best Price for OEM 12v Battery

Hi guys - after doing extensive amount of research based on threads on this forum and others I have decided that the path of least resistance (for me) would be to find the cheapest price I can on a Panasonic OEM 12v battery and pop that into my 2007 TCH.

Unfortunately, I am having a terribly hard time finding online dealers that seem to offer the battery. Does anyone have a recommendation for a competitively priced dealer that ships nationwide?

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Best Price for OEM 12v Battery

Why, oh why? Why can't you simply buy yellow top Optima for $160 or so Sam's and be happy?

Old 10-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Enthusiast

Chalk it up to sheer confusion and exasperation. I am concerned that #1 the yellowtop optima needs to be vented (I really don't know if this is true or not) and I am not handy enough to confidently rig a vent line myself and #2 based on Amazon reviews, apparently some yellowtops dont last and Optima is difficult to deal with for warranty coverage. Since my OEM battery lasted 7 years, I'd rather avoid the drama.

Please let me know if you think I am wrong on any of the above. Its really just the sense I've been able to gather from all my forum searching.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Try these guys. They have been more than fair in the past with quick shipping.

Toyota Parts Express

Old 10-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You asked.
I can only tell for #1. AGM Optima produces virtually NO exhaust and does not even need to be vented, as whatever is produced, goes into NOT SEALED trunk, where it whatever will be flushed out by air draft.
The entire venting thing is blown out of any proportion. Toyota stuck it there because lawyers told them. Folks reportedly placed regular deep cycle batteries into Prii and had not issues.
Actually, on #2. ANYTHING mass produced has occasional flops. Also, Optima is not the only AGM deep cycle battery available.