Blue in So. Cal.?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default Blue in So. Cal.?

My wife is really interested in a blue THC with the Bisque interior. Unfortunately it's not a popular (or at least available) color. I've called Longo and they have do have one with a gray interior. Any suggestions about how to track one down?

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Blue in So. Cal.?

dealer can find one for you. They have all the cars coming in to the Southwest region on their little compooters. Friend of mine ordered a black highlander hybrid with grey leather interior this way.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

The TCH I test drove was Blue/Bisque, so Toyota does make them. That was a base model without leather, however.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Donald,
I'm a very proud owner of a Blue TCH (with Ash Interior). I'm being selfish by saying this, but I like being one of the few to have one and being part of a very small club for now.
If you are looking to buy one (and are willing to pay the $3000 markup) you can contact Carson Toyota. I (and a few other board members) did not like dealing with them because of this markup. According to their site, they have one available (base model with bisque interior, rear spoiler lip and XM radio)
The best advice I can give you if you don't want to go above MSRP is to call as many dealerships around the So. Cal area and only deal with those that do not markup their TCHs (make sure that to ask if they put in add-ons such as chrome wheels or other add-ons "for market correction). For example, Huntington Beach Toyota adds $3000+ because they only sell theirs with chrome wheels and tinted windows.
If you are willing to wait, place an order with Longo, South Bay or Cerritos (these dealers do not mark up from MSRP and have been pretty up front with me) with the exact specifications you want .
Good luck!

Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

Received the Metallic Blue with the bisque 5 days ago - I am a drivin' and a smilen'. Averaging 41.1 mpg on the 1st tank. No NAV...

Old 08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Larry,

They don't want to look around for the Hybrid. I don't think the dealers are doing the trades that they do on less popular vehicles.

Jeff,

Thanks, yeah, I know about Carson Toyota. I won't do business with them. They've run the same kind of 'stick it to you' operation for 25 years.

I've looked through the on-line inventory of about 20 dealerships and called 5 others that have no inventory data base on line and so far can't find a single car.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Anyone else who has a suggestion it would be much appreciated. Actually I just thought of one. I hope the powers that be on this forum will let me do it.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:54 PM
An Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donald_s
Anyone else who has a suggestion it would be much appreciated.
Here's one I can't take credit for, but might or might not work in your situation.

In some areas (like near where I am in Massachusetts), there are dealers willing to sell for under MSRP (I was quoted about $800 under MSRP for a base model, after factoring in the documentation fees). If you factor in the price difference, it might be worth flying somewhere to get the car.

It certainly isn't for everybody (especially if you had to go all the way across the country), but may be worth considering.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rscott
Here's one I can't take credit for, but might or might not work in your situation.

In some areas (like near where I am in Massachusetts), there are dealers willing to sell for under MSRP (I was quoted about $800 under MSRP for a base model, after factoring in the documentation fees). If you factor in the price difference, it might be worth flying somewhere to get the car.

It certainly isn't for everybody (especially if you had to go all the way across the country), but may be worth considering.
I think it would be fun. Stay a little while at the destination and view it as the savings pay for the vacation.