Bluetooth can you accept calls?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth can you accept calls?

If a call comes in, can it go through the car? I can call out but it does not ring when calls come in

Old 10-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth can you accept calls?

You should be able to receive calls, especially if you can make them.

I have no problem with this at all.

What type of phone do you have?

Byron

Old 10-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

I read this post and had to go and try it.

I had my wife call me (I have a Sprint Treo 700P) and the caller-id detail showed up on the nav screen. I pressed the off-hook button on the steering wheel and it worked like a charm.
I continued the experiment to see what happened if I shut the car off. The Bluetooth remained connected to the phone long enough for me to pull the phone from my pocket and press the cancel button for the bluetooth and the audio functions returned to the phone itself.

The only problem;
As I've read elsewhere here - the Caller ID does not register the correct phone number.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ByronJames2003
You should be able to receive calls, especially if you can make them.

I have no problem with this at all.

What type of phone do you have?

Byron
I just got the Razor V3

WHen I get in the car do I have to turn the Bluetooth part of the phone on or something?

Old 10-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cohort
I just got the Razor V3

WHen I get in the car do I have to turn the Bluetooth part of the phone on or something?

I went and played with it and answered my own question.

The car rings loud, wow.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I read this post and had to go and try it.

I had my wife call me (I have a Sprint Treo 700P) and the caller-id detail showed up on the nav screen. I pressed the off-hook button on the steering wheel and it worked like a charm.
I continued the experiment to see what happened if I shut the car off. The Bluetooth remained connected to the phone long enough for me to pull the phone from my pocket and press the cancel button for the bluetooth and the audio functions returned to the phone itself.

The only problem;
As I've read elsewhere here - the Caller ID does not register the correct phone number.
When I shut off the car my phone will display "bluetooth sounds transferred to phone" and the transfer is done automatically. I just tell people there will be several seconds of silence.

I've had no problem with the caller ID on my phone (Verizon LG-8300).

The only thing I have not figured out is how to pick up an upcoming call on call waiting while I'm talking on the phone. I've hit the off-hook button but it didn't work.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

You do know that there is a "Transfer Call" button on the NAV display, right? It will let you toggle the call back and forth between the bluetooth or the handset

Normally NO caller ID info shows on my screen (anyone know why?). When it occassionally does show up, it is correct.

Originally Posted by Orcrone
The only thing I have not figured out is how to pick up an upcoming call on call waiting while I'm talking on the phone. I've hit the off-hook button but it didn't work
Try the off-hook button on the phone itself. It should still be functional.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamm3r
Try the off-hook button on the phone itself. It should still be functional.
Thanks, I'll give that a try next opportunity I get.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had a tough time getting my phone (Treo 650 Verizon) to pair with the NAV system. I finally got it to work and then tried to transfer my in-phone address book, and could not. I did some research on the Verizon Wireless website, and came across a set of "compatibility matrices", like the one I have attached. Turns out transferring the address book is not possible from Treo 650 to the TCH system (supplied by Denso)

I don't know the provider for the phones you all use, but you may want to check the provider's website to see if they have something similar. It may help to know whether the phone you have will provide the feature you are hoping to use in the Denso system.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
700w_BT_Carkit.pdf (81.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Enthusiast

I have a new Verizon RAZR and the bluetooth works great for OUTGOING calls, but incoming calls get dropped with the "CALL TERMINATED BY NETWORK" showing up on the nav screen. I got a replacement phone when I told Verizon about this, but it does exactly the same thing... any help would be GREAT!!!