Bluetooth has an echo

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth has an echo

When I bought my TCH with non-NAV JBL stereo in Aug 2006, I had a Cingular 3125 cell phone. That cell phone established a Bluetooth pairing with no problem and the audio was very clear. I then upgraded my cell phone to a Cingular 8125 PDA-phone, which again paired to the TCH Bluetooth with no problem and the audio was still very clear. Last week, I upgraded my cell phone to a Samsung Blackjack II, and now I have a very bad echo on about half the calls that I make. The best way to describe it is like if the person I'm talking to has me on speakerphone, so that I hear my own voice coming back thru the phone about 1 second after I say it. The people on the other side tell me that they do not hear any echo, but it makes it impossible to carry on a conversation from my side because I am constantly hearing everything I say on a 1sec delay. The weird thing is that it only happens on about half the numbers I call, and it is very consistent (the numbers that echo will always echo, and the numbers that don't echo will never echo).

Anybody else have this problem with pairing a Samsung Blackjack II or other cell phone? And if so, how did you resolve?

Old 04-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth has an echo

Originally Posted by flopshot
When I bought my TCH with non-NAV JBL stereo in Aug 2006, I had a Cingular 3125 cell phone. That cell phone established a Bluetooth pairing with no problem and the audio was very clear. I then upgraded my cell phone to a Cingular 8125 PDA-phone, which again paired to the TCH Bluetooth with no problem and the audio was still very clear. Last week, I upgraded my cell phone to a Samsung Blackjack II, and now I have a very bad echo on about half the calls that I make. The best way to describe it is like if the person I'm talking to has me on speakerphone, so that I hear my own voice coming back thru the phone about 1 second after I say it. The people on the other side tell me that they do not hear any echo, but it makes it impossible to carry on a conversation from my side because I am constantly hearing everything I say on a 1sec delay. The weird thing is that it only happens on about half the numbers I call, and it is very consistent (the numbers that echo will always echo, and the numbers that don't echo will never echo).

Anybody else have this problem with pairing a Samsung Blackjack II or other cell phone? And if so, how did you resolve?
Unfortunately, Bluetooth implementation are not consistent on phone; some are better than others. The echo is the phone and Bluetooth device getting confused and doing a voice loop on what you are saying. Yes, this is very annoying.

Not sure if tweaking the BT mic sensitivity would help, but you could try on the TCH diag screens.

When I have had this problem, I switch to a phone thast supports BT better. (probably not the answer you want to hear :-( )

Old 04-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth has an echo

Doing some research on the internet and I guess this is a widespread problem with the BlackjackII. And the reason I only hear this on some calls is that the echo is only triggered when you dial the call via bluetooth. There is no echo if you dial the call via the phone. Since I've only programmed a few phonebook entries into the TCH, this is why I only got the echo on 50% of my calls.

And there appears to be no fix for the BJII.