Bluetooth send/rcv level adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth send/rcv level adjustment

Has anyone messed with these settings in their Camry?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...6&postcount=24

This link (of course) is for a Lexus, but our Camrys have a similar menu (Nav version only - sorry Non-navvers)...

To access the menu, push the start button twice WITHOUT your foot on the brake (so the engine won't start). Once the ignition is on, hold down the "Info" hard button on the Nav unit, and turn your headlights from the off position to the "parking light on" position, then back to off. Repeat this quickly several times (at least three times) until a new menu shows up on the Nav display. Once in this menu, press the menu button in the upper right corner of the display. This will bring you to a menu that looks like the one pictured in the above link. The bottom link says "BT Check" or something like that. If you press this button it takes you to another menu for a BT Check and for a BT Quality Settings. Press the BT quality check menu to see the second screen shown in the link above.

My send and receive levels were both set at zero. I tried setting them to different values, but haven't made or received a phonecall to test it yet. I didn't try adjusting the "quality" setting.

I am just wondering if anyone else has found a better setting for these and their phones. If you reply, please specify which phone you are using!

The whole reason for this is that people always have trouble hearing me when I am talking with the built in hands free on the Camry. My wife says it sounds like I am on a speakerphone in a large room, but the phone is on the opposite side of the room. I would like to boost the voice send level (I think).

Old 11-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth send/rcv level adjustment

For non Nav users (like me) :

I read in the repair manual that you can acess the same information by pressing a combination of buttons on the stereo.

If anyone is interested, I could upload the few pages that relate to that.

I'm curious to see if this will improve the signal, as I have received a few complaints about the poor sound quality over BT.

Bob

Old 11-27-2006, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by goldenbob
For non Nav users (like me) :

I read in the repair manual that you can acess the same information by pressing a combination of buttons on the stereo.

If anyone is interested, I could upload the few pages that relate to that.

I'm curious to see if this will improve the signal, as I have received a few complaints about the poor sound quality over BT.

Bob
Can you tell me where in the manual this is (section and page)? I would like to look it up on my copy...

Does it say what these values mean?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by spiff72
The whole reason for this is that people always have trouble hearing me when I am talking with the built in hands free on the Camry. My wife says it sounds like I am on a speakerphone in a large room, but the phone is on the opposite side of the room. I would like to boost the voice send level (I think).
I'm told that it sounds like I'm in a large room but the volume is just fine. I attribute the large-room sound to being in an enclosed place with a lot of glass. The rest of the bluetooth functionality with my Treo 700P is fine. I don't have the same signal strength issues (always the same level for some - mine actually varies) and my battery charge indicator always shows full. I've not worn the battery down yet and tried it in the car but I will..

This was a valuable find for some folks! Please let us know how the experimentation goes!
Thanks!!!

Old 11-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just tried the new hidden screen on my TCH - works like described - I wonder how mwny other "hidden screens" there are ?

Old 11-28-2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by KC Rusty
I just tried the new hidden screen on my TCH - works like described - I wonder how mwny other "hidden screens" there are ?
Did you make any adjustments to the send/receive settings? What values did you use?

Old 11-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
Did you make any adjustments to the send/receive settings? What values did you use?
...and what were the results?

Thanks

Old 11-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by goldenbob
For non Nav users (like me): I read in the repair manual that you can acess the same information by pressing a combination of buttons on the stereo. If anyone is interested, I could upload the few pages that relate to that.
Bob -- from one no-nav owner to another, yes I'll take you up on that offer. Thanks!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HybridFan
Bob -- from one no-nav owner to another, yes I'll take you up on that offer. Thanks!

Me too please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, Non-Nav Info Pleassssseee!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth send/rcv level adjustment

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands