Booster scratched back seat fabric

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Booster scratched back seat fabric

Argh, I'm so frustrated! My TCH isn't even two months old and it's already sporting battle damage. For those of you with kids in booster seats, don't do the same stoooopid thing I did:

We had a cheap (dumb already, huh?) seat that had a sharp plastic edge that cut into the soft fabric of the back seat. This was, of course, happening UNDER the seat so we didn't see it immediatly, but luckily we did catch it soon enough to keep from cutting through the fabric entirely.

This has nothing to do with cloth, Toyota, or any other car thing: it has everything to do with a cheap booster. We've replaced it with a much better one that should be safe for both kiddo AND car.

Dumb.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:46 AM
Default Re: Booster scratched back seat fabric

Hmm, I wonder if my son's Britax seat will leave a mark. Maybe I'll get one of those car seat mats before I put the seat in...

Sorry about your TCH's battle damage.

Old 07-30-2006, 10:44 AM

Lilarienne,

I doubt Britax would have a sharp plastic edge on the bottom of their seats: they seem to put more effort into their well designed seats.

I, too, have been thinking about getting a couple booster mats, but I've only seen them in black vinyl. With all the beige seats out there, wouldn't ya think somebody would make them in something other than black?

Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast

Hey try using a towel....cheaper and it works just as well, put a layer of plastic under or in between the folded towel so that any spills won't go thru to your cloth seat and stain it before you notice it.

Old 07-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

After the abuse we saw in our Maxima and the impact it MUST have had on trade in (the back seat looked like crap) we got this to protect the leather in the TCH. Worth Every penny of $15...there are otehr models too.

They didn't have this one at the time but it looks like it may be even better with it's higher back...but the back isn't where we saw much damage, mostly under the childs seat.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:55 PM
WVGasGuy

If it's a long term vehicle just consider how perecious those marks will appear to you when you give the car to your kid when they turn 16

Then again the most worry I have is when my bean burrito squirts out the bottom at Taco Bell.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Booster scratched back seat fabric

Hmmm, now I remember why I forgot to have kids. Hehe.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:07 PM

John,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Steve,

This time, it's not the kids: it's the dumb seat that dear-ol'-dad didn't inspect closely. It's funny: kiddo gets into the seat, fastens the seatbelt, and I'd always check to make sure it's fastened and snug, but it never occured to me the plastic on the bottom would scar the seat.