Both Ipod OEM Intergration and Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Both Ipod OEM Intergration and Sirius

Does anyone have both the OEM Ipod interface and a OEM satellite radio (preferably Sirius) working together with their Navigation head unit? I've done considerable research on this forum and else where and cannot find a clear answer.

Thanks in advance,

JL

Last edited by jlolli; 05-26-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: made correction to what i am asking
Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Both Ipod OEM Intergration and Sirius

IHA 2010 TCH with the Navigation and Satellite Radio. I use the USB connector in the console compartment to connect my 1st Gen iPod Touch. This gives me all menus, playlists, etc. from my iPod. My only problem is when I scroll by artist, it wants to start playing a song each time I scroll through a screen of about 5 artists. Other than that, all works well. I especially like the iPod for Audiobooks & Podcasts.

For satellite, I connect through XM and again no complaints or glitches.

Additionally, I use a Blackberry Storm (9530) and connect via Bluetooth for both hands free phone and bluetooth audio. The only glitch here is if my BB is receiving mail any music playing via BT Audio will pause momentarily - only 1 or 2 seconds.

Good Luck - Tom

Old 05-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast

I think that the USB connector is for the 2010 models only.
Those of us with older models don't have that connections and need the add on unit.
The one that Toyota sells does not work with XM or Sirius, as far as I know.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

There is an available XM unit for the TCH that integrates with the head unit. I've had one in both a, '08 and '09 (don't ask). I also have an iPod integration unit that talks to the head unit installed, it goes in to the same port as the satellite unit. Since Sirius and XM have merged, there may be a auxiliary unit that does Sirius available.

There are threads here about installing and selecting the right one for you. I've been away for a while, so I'm not up on the latest things here. My "day Job" has gotten a bit "intense" here recently.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. Did you ever have both XM and the iPod intergration at the same time?

Originally Posted by RadioTek
There is an available XM unit for the TCH that integrates with the head unit. I've had one in both a, '08 and '09 (don't ask). I also have an iPod integration unit that talks to the head unit installed, it goes in to the same port as the satellite unit. Since Sirius and XM have merged, there may be a auxiliary unit that does Sirius available.

There are threads here about installing and selecting the right one for you. I've been away for a while, so I'm not up on the latest things here. My "day Job" has gotten a bit "intense" here recently.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlolli
Thanks for your reply. Did you ever have both XM and the iPod intergration at the same time?

Yes, the iPod connector for the head unit is a 'pass-through' connector that permits both to be used. The units are designed to transfer data in the format that the head unit can use.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 09 TCH, I have both the Ipod interface and XM, both work great.

One thing to keep in mind -- The iPod interface will only charge iPods before the touch, ie the touch and iPhone will work but will not charge from the connector. This is only for the Toyota interface, i cant speak for aftermarket interfaces.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Driving in stealth mode

BiggieJohn - How do you like the Toyota interface? What kind of information does it display on the screen? Does it utilize the controls on the steering wheel? Did you do the install yourself or did you have the dealer install it?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
BiggieJohn - How do you like the Toyota interface? What kind of information does it display on the screen? Does it utilize the controls on the steering wheel? Did you do the install yourself or did you have the dealer install it?
emulates a CD changer, folder=playlist name, track=song title, up/down is nest/last song. I had the dealer install it when i bought the car.