Bridgestone vs. Michelin

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Re: Bridgestone vs. Michelin

Originally Posted by TKCamry
I got Michelins on mine in NJ.

The info at comparison link indicates the Michelins should last about 70% more miles than the Bridgestones, which doesn't match the tire categories the tires are in.

The other major difference is that the max tire pressure on a Bridgestone is 51 PSI while the max pressure on the Michelin is 44 PSI.
What pressure do you run your Michelins?

Old 07-03-2006, 03:28 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Bridgestone vs. Michelin

Originally Posted by H2O Doctor
35 PSI which is what Toyota recommends for high speed driving in hot weather. I do a lot of 70 to 75 MPH highway driving so used 35 PSI instead of the 32 PSI listed as recommended on the drivers door post.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the background.

I'm not sure if Virginia would be considered mild or not, winter wise, but either way, my car has Bridgestones.

I wonder if this is an issue for all Camry's, not just Hybrids. I made the assumption that the Bridgestone was a bt more upmarket because I read two reviews of the Camry V6 in car magazines and both of those cars had the same Bridgestones as my Hybrid, and then I saw that the Consumer Reports test had the V6 as a Bridgestone and a 4 cyl LE as a Michelin.

But, I'm beginning to think its totally random across the board.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Extra Mile Option Package F includes:
-Extra Mile Extended Life Tires
-(3 Years / 36,000 Miles)
-(6 Yrs/100,000 Mile

I do not have this package and mine came with Bridgestones.

Anyone take 'F' and get Bridgestone EL400 Tuaranza tires or what did you get?

Old 07-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast

I just got my camry hybrid over the holiday weekend in San Diego. I was in a unique (irritating, actually) situation where I wanted a hybrid with leather (for the dogs). The supply is seemingly non existent in San Diego County right now. One dealer had a ribbon blue in leather, but it had a hideous "chrome wheels package" and while they were willing to swap out the wheels to stock wheels, they didn't have any techs to do it that day. So I bought the car and drove it a couple of days with the chrome wheels on the michelins for a couple of days. Then they swapped the wheels out and the new wheels have the bridgestone's. I could tell no difference, and I'm not exactly a "granny" driver. I'm coming from a 2000 BMW 540i. In case you're interested, yes the BMW was fabulous to drive, but I wanted something more reliable and with better gas mileage. The BMW was 18mpg, up to 20mg combined if I tried really hard. So far getting 38 mpg overall with TCH!

Old 07-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Enthusiast

I got my hybrid in VA as well and they have Michelins so I think you're right its just totally random across the board

Originally Posted by MFLetou
Thanks for the background.

I'm not sure if Virginia would be considered mild or not, winter wise, but either way, my car has Bridgestones.

I wonder if this is an issue for all Camry's, not just Hybrids. I made the assumption that the Bridgestone was a bt more upmarket because I read two reviews of the Camry V6 in car magazines and both of those cars had the same Bridgestones as my Hybrid, and then I saw that the Consumer Reports test had the V6 as a Bridgestone and a 4 cyl LE as a Michelin.

But, I'm beginning to think its totally random across the board.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:45 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by H2O Doctor
I tried 38psi on mine for a few days. I found the ride was a bit hard for my tastes on bumpy city pavement. I backed it off to 36psi and I think I'll probably end up sticking with the 35psi "high recommended" as TKCamry has done. This is what the dealer had set them at to start with.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:36 AM
Enthusiast

I got mine in Maryland, through a dealer trade with a New York dealer, and I got Bridgestones. Seems pretty random to me.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Enthusiast

Hi

Just got mine yesterday , we live in real winter country here : Montreal.

I have Michelins.

Anyway, L'll swap them for real winter tires when the white stuff will start..

But, I wonder.. did Canada get only Michelins ??

Bob

Old 07-05-2006, 07:04 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by goldenbob
But, I wonder.. did Canada get only Michelins ??

Bob
Seems to be so here, maybe random between Michelins and Bridgesstones in the US. Here's a question for American TCH owners with Michelins. Where are your tires made? I notice the Michelins we are getting are "Made in Canada", but I wonder if the source of Michelins on American model TCHs is different??

I'm not sure if the Michelins we get are shipped to Japan for the assembly line, or somehow put on when it arrives here (not sure how they'd do that). I know in western Canada Toyota has a wheel manufacturing plant, but I don't know if that includes any of the wheels that end up on North American Camrys.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone vs. Michelin

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands