Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Bridgestones worn out at 19k

I have kept my Turanzas at 40 front/42 back and at 19,000 miles of driving I am at the wear bars on the tires.

My driving is probably a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. To be honest, I am disapointed with the tread life because although I drive quickly (usually 5 over everywhere) and I am always catching up traffic, I do not 'howl' the tires.

A few comments on the tire rack site on these tires lean towards replacement at 20,000 miles. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer
I have kept my Turanzas at 40 front/42 back and at 19,000 miles of driving I am at the wear bars on the tires.

My driving is probably a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. To be honest, I am disapointed with the tread life because although I drive quickly (usually 5 over everywhere) and I am always catching up traffic, I do not 'howl' the tires.

A few comments on the tire rack site on these tires lean towards replacement at 20,000 miles. Anyone have any suggestions?

Buy the Michelin tires that fit the TCH. I did quite a lot of research on tires before I bought my TCH and came to the conclusion that I did not want the Bridgestones but wanted the Michelins. I planned to have the dealer switch them if they came off the boat with Bridgestones. It seemed about half came from each manufacturer. Fortunately for me, I did not have to have them switched since mine came with Michelins.

I have always had good success with Michelins. I expect to get a minimum of 40,000 and hope to get 50,000 miles on them.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:52 PM
HTDUC
Default Re: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

All new cars in this class and below come with a different grade of rubber in the tires then that which you get when you buy them on the market. If you get an honest sales person who is knowledgeable, good luck, they will cop to it. I have had two verify that this is the case and the last five cars I have purchased new have all required tire replacement at less then 30k. Aftermarket Mich. or Bridgestones are good for at least 40k if not thrashed.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by HTDUC
All new cars in this class and below come with a different grade of rubber in the tires then that which you get when you buy them on the market. If you get an honest sales person who is knowledgeable, good luck, they will cop to it. I have had two verify that this is the case and the last five cars I have purchased new have all required tire replacement at less then 30k. Aftermarket Mich. or Bridgestones are good for at least 40k if not thrashed.
I had a '98 Accord with Michelin MXV4 Energy tires (similar to those on my TCH) that had 60k plus original miles on them when I traded the car in, and they had plenty of life left in them.

I plan on replacing the OEM Michelins on my TCH with the exact tire, which Costco has available.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!

I took the OE Michelins off of my car...(I bought it used w/6000 mi.) and replaced them with Hankook Optimo 727's....100,000 tread wear and road hazard warranty! They are much quieter and smoother riding than the Michelins, and I am running them w/ higher pressure. FE seems to have improved, despite my original concerns about rolling resistance.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've got the Bridgestones. How quiet are the Michelins?

Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!

Originally Posted by kris
I've got the Bridgestones. How quiet are the Michelins?
The Michelins are pretty quiet, but these Hankooks ROCK.. You hear zero tire noise, all you hear is airfllow. I was driving at highway speed parallel to RR tracks. With the radio on low, I could hear the wheels clacking on the train (100 ft away) over the extremely quiet ride of the car.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wxman3
I took the OE Michelins off of my car...(I bought it used w/6000 mi.) and replaced them with Hankook Optimo 727's....100,000 tread wear and road hazard warranty! They are much quieter and smoother riding than the Michelins, and I am running them w/ higher pressure. FE seems to have improved, despite my original concerns about rolling resistance.
Where did you find the Hankook 727 tire and how much?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!

Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer
Where did you find the Hankook 727 tire and how much?
I got them at a tire store in Mattoon, IL. Total cost for mounting, disposal, and taxes....429.74.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow. Hellava price! It might be worth a drive.

Quick Reply: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands