Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!
Default Re: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Originally Posted by kris
Wow. Hellava price! It might be worth a drive.
You could probably order the tires and have them mounted locally. Call 217-235-0505..ask for Gordon or Melvin. They'll hook you up. I may have gotten a little price break because I have done a lot of business with them, but you will definitely get out the door for less than 450.00. If you just order the tires, probably significantly less since you are not paying for IL state fees or mounting and balancing...

Last edited by wxman3; 04-12-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Camry Freak

I plan on replacing my Bridgestones with Goodyear Comfortreds when they wear out. I put Comfortreds on my 98 Camry and they were awesome tires. They were quiet, handled extremely well in the rain and snow, and lasted a long time. (I put them on at 68K, and they were about half gone when I traded the car in at 110K)

I think they cost around $375 after rebate in 2005. (for 15 inch)

I think they run around $98/tire for the Camry Hybrid. (tirerack.com)

Money well spent in my opinion.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

For what it's worth, when we bought our 03 Camry SE, it had the Bridgstone tires, and the dealer agreed to swap them for the Michelins. Our daughter now drives that car, and is just now needing tires, with 54,000 miles. I have the Michelins on my TCH, or would have had them switched at delivery also. Also have them on our 05 Highlander. I am very satisfied.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Remember to get a tire with the same or virtually the same revolutions per mile, in order to keep your speedometer/odometer accurate.

On second thought, this might be an opportunity to correct the 2MPH inaccuracy of my speedometer.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

No one has concerns about replacing the OEM tire with a tire that has similar low rolling resistance characteristics?

Old 04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer
I have kept my Turanzas at 40 front/42 back and at 19,000 miles of driving I am at the wear bars on the tires.

My driving is probably a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. To be honest, I am disapointed with the tread life because although I drive quickly (usually 5 over everywhere) and I am always catching up traffic, I do not 'howl' the tires.

A few comments on the tire rack site on these tires lean towards replacement at 20,000 miles. Anyone have any suggestions?
As I stated in a previous post, I had Mich MXV4s put on my Maxima and ran them over 70k before replacement (they still had usable tread) so I was very happy to find them on my TCH when I took delivery. According to Consumer Reports they have the lowest rolling resistance. MXV4s are the way to go. Check pressure and alignment often.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Arrow Re: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

My TCH has 17K miles and Bridgestones, and they are wearing fine. Looks like they could go to 50K easily. My tire pressures have always been north of 40 PSI.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
My TCH has 17K miles and Bridgestones, and they are wearing fine. Looks like they could go to 50K easily. My tire pressures have always been north of 40 PSI.
Happy to hear you are getting that kind of mileage out of your orginal set of tires, but I am just not. How can that be? Are most of your miles on the freeway? Driving alone....admittedly half of my miles are 'loaded' with kids, golf clubs and bags and maybe 1000 miles of my 19500 are freeway miles.

YMMV? You betcha!!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

I can't wait too long to replace the Turanzas so after calling around for tire prices, I settled on Sam's Club and ordered a set of the highest rated tire from Consumer Reports: the Dunlop SP5000. The cost is $525 for everything. The tires should be available to be fitted in about ten days.

I am going to talk to my dealer next weekend - he is 130 miles away - at my 20,000 service and find out who I can ***** at. 19000 miles is just not acceptable on a vehichle that does everything else so well.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:04 AM

My TCH also has Bridgestone tires. Mine measure 8/32 tread on all four tires at 17K miles. New they were 10/32. My guess is I should get around 50K miles out of them by the time they reach 4/32 (I normally replace my tires at 4/32)

Check your alignment. I had the dealer check mine, and both the front and rear toe was off. Bad alignment can seriously shorten your tires life.

For what its worth, I run 42psi front and 40psi rear with my tires as I find the traction and steering much improved.

Check out the Bridgestone Potenza G 009. A traction, A temperature, excellent handling in dry, wet and snow. Rated excellent for quiet and treadwear. They are $74 at tirerack.com

Last edited by nash; 04-16-2007 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands