Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Maybe it's just the good San Diego weather that keeps our Bridgestones living longer.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

I have had the four tires rotated at the 5000 mile service intervals and all four exhibit even wear across the entire surface. I can't see how it can be alignment but I will have it checked when I put on the new Dunlops.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer
I can't wait too long to replace the Turanzas so after calling around for tire prices, I settled on Sam's Club and ordered a set of the highest rated tire from Consumer Reports: the Dunlop SP5000. The cost is $525 for everything. The tires should be available to be fitted in about ten days.

I am going to talk to my dealer next weekend - he is 130 miles away - at my 20,000 service and find out who I can ***** at. 19000 miles is just not acceptable on a vehichle that does everything else so well.
I have Dunlop SPs on my wife's Avalon, Thet're very good tires but much noisier than the Mich MXV4s on my TCH.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!

Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer
I have had the four tires rotated at the 5000 mile service intervals and all four exhibit even wear across the entire surface. I can't see how it can be alignment but I will have it checked when I put on the new Dunlops.
NOOOOOO! Hankooks! Quiet, and did I mention the 100k warranty??

Old 04-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Enthusiast

I commute over a twisty chip-sealed road which is very abrasive. On that road, the Bridgestones on my Solara were bald at 14,000 miles. The Michelin MXV4s on that same road got 26,000 miles to the wear bars. If my TCH hadn't arrived with Michelins, I would have insisted on a swap.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I upgraded my wheels to 18", but I had put just over 5k on the Michelins that came with my TCH and I thought they were great. Nice handling and very quiet. I saw hardly any tread wear after 5k, although I do 95% of my driving on the highway, so it's not like I'm doing lots of stop & go. We have the same tires on my wife's SUV and love them. They are much better than the BF Goodrich I have on my TCH now, I bought those just because of the price and tread-life rating.

The Michelin tires have been sitting in my garage since I upgraded my wheels, so if anybody wants an almost-new set of TCH Michelins, make me an offer via PM. They are just taking up space in the garage.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

24k here. NOT happy.

Did you ever get anywhere complaining about it?

I'll probably replace them with the Michelins.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have the Bridgestone Turanza EL42 on my wife's 06 Sienna and will definitely replace them with Michelins when they get worn out... my 07 TCH has the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 and the driving experience and quietness is unbelievable...

Old 08-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

I have commented on this issue elsewhere in this forum...simply I have 19K and the Bridgestones are worn, cupped and noisy. Dealer tech told me to only expect 20K for these tires.

I've bought a new car every four years since 1987. These are without doubt the worst tires I have ever had on a car.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

I hate to flame a product but Bridgestone/Firestone (same company) tires have had a reputation for producing poor quality tires for almost thirty years now. Two family Cadillacs had tread separations back in the 70s. My old company Ford had the same problem. Thousands of Ford Explorers with Bridgestone/Firestone tires had to be recalled because of rollovers caused by bad tires. Maybe they've improved but ........

Quick Reply: Bridgestones worn out at 19k

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands