Buzzing Door Speaker Fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Buzzing Door Speaker Fix

I saw where many people have had the same issue I have...one of the door speakers (in my case the passenger side) often -- but not always --buzzing. My buzzing is only in response to certain frequencies. Often it is worst when I am listening to some sort of talk radio like on NPR, and usually with lower pitched voices.

It is also there on some music, but not so much on CD's or MP3.

I went into a local car audio shop and they seemed convinced it wasn't the speaker but the amp.

Has anybody who experienced this problem actually fixed it? If so, how?

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Buzzing Door Speaker Fix

I had a radio-TV shop when I was young. The speaker would be the first place I would start. It's should be cheap to try a new speaker to see if that fixes the problem. A amp could cause this, but I never heard of any going bad that I can think of. Any amp replacement (usually under the passenger seat) on a high end radio may be a little expensive.

Their is a possibility something physically may be rubbing against the back side of the speaker causing the distortion.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Malcontent
Default Re: Buzzing Door Speaker Fix

I took apart the passenger side front door many years ago due to buzzing. I found a plastic sheet covering most of the electronics that I believe was actually the culprit. I think it secured it better or stuck something to it so it wouldn't resonate as much.