Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Old 01-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: Camry Hybrid Traction Control and Winter MPG

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Source of information is where?
You can also go to Nissan's website and on the hybrid page it tells you what states it will be available in.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Also - keep in mind there are rumors that the Nissan Hybrid will have poor support behind it - they are borrowing/licensing the HSD technology from Toyota and are selling the vehicle at a 20-24% loss.

The NYTimes said it will have much better style appeal than the TCH. I do have to admit I'm slightly interested/jealous

Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Dazed and Confused

Since it will have the full tax credit, they will sell every one of them.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OmegaOmega
Also - keep in mind there are rumors that the Nissan Hybrid will have poor support behind it - they are borrowing/licensing the HSD technology from Toyota and are selling the vehicle at a 20-24% loss.

The NYTimes said it will have much better style appeal than the TCH. I do have to admit I'm slightly interested/jealous
I doubt you'll be jealous when you see how Nissan supports them. Their president has basically said he does not believe in hybrids. They're selling them because they feel they MUST to satisfy California and a few other states. What is their plan for training mechanics? Toyota has sold so many hybrids, I have to believe that most dealers will be able to maintain them and that this will be true for years to come. Nissan? If the top management doesn't believe in hybrids, what chance will you have to get repairs once the warranty expires? None for me, thanks.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Unfortunately, I don't think you will ever see an override in a Toyota Hybrid.

The traction control in the Toyota Hybrids is there nearly as much to protect the motor generators as it is to help the stability of the cars. If the motor generators spin too rapidly with no load resistance, bad things can happen.
Whatever the reasons for not having the off switch, Toyota has solved the problem because it offers such a switch on the 2011 Camry Hybrid US model -- but not the 2011 Canadian model. http://www.toyota.com/camry/features.html

What I asked of the Toyota Canada rep is to install the same switch offered on its 2011 US Camry Hybrid models in my 2008 Camry Hybrid, she refused and suggested I follow the owner's manuel. The manuel offers no solutions.

The switch probably sends the same signal to the car's computer in one step as what the 9 step process sends.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by manitou
Whatever the reasons for not having the off switch, Toyota has solved the problem because it offers such a switch on the 2011 Camry Hybrid US model -- but not the 2011 Canadian model. http://www.toyota.com/camry/features.html

What I asked of the Toyota Canada rep is to install the same switch offered on its 2011 US Camry Hybrid models in my 2008 Camry Hybrid, she refused and suggested I follow the owner's manuel. The manuel offers no solutions.

The switch probably sends the same signal to the car's computer in one step as what the 9 step process sends.
Just adding the switch might have neutral results..If the firmware is not watching/polling the switch contacts.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by manitou

When you flip that switch, TC off, you're likely relieving the manufacturer of some really serious liability in the case of a subsequent crash. Canadian law may not allow this safety feature to be switched off.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Enthusiast

According to the Transport Canada rep I spoke to, a regulation to make trac on control and vehicle stablity systems mandatory is in the policy formulation stage at this moment. The Transport Canada rep said he would supply my info on the problems of not having a switch to the Transport Canada people developing the new regulations.
Thus, for now, the Government of Canada safety regulations do not apply.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 PM

But just the same the canadian weather vs US, in general does make TC a more neccessary SAFETY feature.

Quick Reply: Camry Hybrid Traction Control and Winter MPG

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands