Camry Hybrid Woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Camry Hybrid Woes???

I saw in another forum that there have been some problems with the other models of the 07 Camry. I wanted to know if any TCH owners are experiencing any issues and if they can please share their woes.

On a separate note, I'm so exciting to get my TCH today! Picking it up after work. I've been reading the forum (tremendous help) and researching dealerships and how they receive their shipments of the TCH. On Saturday was the first day my husband and I went to drive around, I went to the first dealership and just barely missed a Desert San Mica, NV, LA, CQ, SR that was going for $4 off MSRP! Sales rep contacted me at 8:30 in the morning said he has one, went there at 11:00 and it was sold! So I went to Fremont Toyota, test-drove one (loved it!) and saw that the dealer marked it up $6,000 with dealer add ons! He asked me how much I thought it was worth and I told him that the crap they put on it was worthless, so I couldn't answer that question. Then he said to me how much would I pay for it, I said no more than MSRP, then he said well no dealer will be selling it at MSRP, so we laughed at him and we left. (As we were driving home, my husband told me how proud he was of me for my will-power! hahhaa). Then the next day, I get a call from a different dealer and said my color of choice is arriving and no one got dibs on it and if I wanted to put a deposit, I let the dealer wait a bit and put the deposit the very next evening, which 1 hour from putting my deposit, the dealer called and said my TCH is just unloading from the truck! WooHoo! Okay, just thought I would share my experience, sorry for the rambling.

Last edited by nabookie; 06-06-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Default Re: Camry Hybrid Woes

The only issue is with the automatic transmission of the regular Camrys, as far as I'm aware -- there are no issues with the hybrid, so far at least. I've 1700 miles on mine so far.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
The only issue is with the automatic transmission of the regular Camrys, as far as I'm aware -- there are no issues with the hybrid, so far at least. I've 1700 miles on mine so far.
If you look at the thread at toyotanation.com, you can see that all of the problems were on cars that were (a) early production (so if you're buying now, you are likely out of the woods) *AND* (b) were not the hybrid.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Enthusiast

I wanted to know if any TCH owners are experiencing any issues and if they can please share their woes.
I've had mine (base Titanium) for 2 weeks and about 550 miles. No problems at all so far.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Enthusiast

Excellent! I am soo excited!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You should include a question mark in your title. I thought YOU were reporting woes, not asking US if we have any!

Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

Hope that clears this up.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 AM
mak
Banned

1150 miles into it so far so good (Fingers Crossed)

Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Camry Hybrid Woes???

Nabookie congratulations on your new TCH! I’m on a wait list with my local dealer and they said it could take 4 months. Since my wife works for an airline, I’ve decided to go long distance to see if I can get a TCH sooner. Can you recommend any dealers in the Bay Area? Thanks, and enjoy your new toy.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Major TCH defect: It has a lame-o trunk light. Uh, I guess that's not a major defect. So at after a whopping 300 miles and an entire week, I'd say none. But I still paid $1400 for the 6 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Quick Reply: Camry Hybrid Woes

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands