Center Armrest Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Center Armrest Squeak

In addition to the center console crickets, which I plan to have fixed at my first oil change, I am now noticing a squeak when I rest my elbow on the center console arm rest. Has anybody else had this problem? Thanks.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Center Armrest Squeak

I got the same thing. My armrest clicks when I hit bumps or rough roads. I think it is a little loose from me leaning on it when I enter the car. If I ride with my right elbow pushed over to the center or passenger side of the armrest the click does not occur. My Camry is presently at the service center for another noise fix and I am going to have them address the loose armrest issue. I will let you know what happens.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Electricity Guzzler

my armrest squeak a tiny bit too. I believe it the the dentente rubbing from lateral presure when I lean on it. Having such a quiet car spoils us a bit. These are common noises that a good chunk of people driving lowbreds experience (but may not notice) on a regular basis.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast

I agree. It does bug me though when friends or family notice the noises and ask "What is that?"

Old 11-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

I haven't had the armrest squeak, but I have the sliding armrest.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john312
I haven't had the armrest squeak, but I have the sliding armrest.
How did you get the sliding armrest? I didn't think this was an option for the TCH?

Old 11-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Too Smug

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
In addition to the center console crickets, which I plan to have fixed at my first oil change, I am now noticing a squeak when I rest my elbow on the center console arm rest. Has anybody else had this problem? Thanks.
I am just starting to hear a clicking when I rest my arm on the center console. I'm speculating that the cooler weather may have something to do with this because it doesn't seem as pronounced once the interior warms up.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulgw
How did you get the sliding armrest? I didn't think this was an option for the TCH?
You just go to the parts department (or online), order the XLE's sliding armrest (choose the appropriate color and with or without leather), pop off the console panel by the rear vents, remove four screws and the current armrest, line up the new sliding armrest, replace the four screws and the console panel and now you have a sliding armrest on your TCH.
I posted some pictures here.