Check Engine light came on, is there a diagnostic mode I can access?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Check Engine light came on, is there a diagnostic mode I can access?

Rugrat came in to tell me that the light was out on Saturday night, so I guess that it must have been the gas cap. We didn't take it in, and cancelled the appointment. When I first checked it after I was told it was on, I checked the gas cap, and got about 1/4 turn before it started ratcheting. I've told SWMBO to be aware that it needs to be tight.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Check Engine light came on, is there a diagnostic mode I can access?

Originally Posted by RadioTek
Rugrat came in to tell me that the light was out on Saturday night, so I guess that it must have been the gas cap. We didn't take it in, and cancelled the appointment. When I first checked it after I was told it was on, I checked the gas cap, and got about 1/4 turn before it started ratcheting. I've told SWMBO to be aware that it needs to be tight.
Glad you got it fixed!

Old 08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Check Engine light came on, is there a diagnostic mode I can access?

Toyota has issued a service advisory for the 2009 Camry with check engine light! Took my car in today for 5k service and had an issue with the light being on. Over the phone yesterday, the service manager asked if I had recently filled up and to check the gas cap. Of course it was tight and removing and screwing it back in did not help.

The fix involves the installation of a new filler pipe section. The repair parts were in stock and the car is now fine.