"Check VSC System" Warning - Dealer Says It Is Normal For This To Display

Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "Check VSC System" Warning - Dealer Says It Is Normal For This To Display

Originally Posted by Mikejl
Taking it to a different dealer tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

Mike
Good luck bud.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Check VSC System" Warning - Dealer Says It Is Normal For This To Display

UPDATE

Dropped the TCH off at the dealers at 7 am. I left them the printout I got from Power Toyota and a post by hazer00 I printed out from Toyotanation.com.

I finally heard back from them at 3:30 pm. The mechanic told me they couldn't find anything so the called in a Factory Rep to look at it. He suggested they replace the rear sensor to see if that fixes it. The sensor won't be in until tomorrow so I have to leave the car overnight.

Mike

Old 01-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mike,

At least you now have a dealer that listens. I am still leaning towards the Skid control ECU because of the G numbers but I'm sure they will get it fixed. hazer is one of the good guys at TN and knows what he is doing.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Enthusiast

Got the Camry back yesterday. They replaced the sensor so nothing to do now but wait and see if I get anymore warnings. I will post back if I do.

Thanks for all the help and input guys!

Mike

Old 03-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Enthusiast

I just thought I would post an update. It has been over a month now and I haven't had any "Check VSC System" warnings yet.

It looks like the problem may be fixed, but it will take a full 3 months without any warnings before I'm completely convinced.

Mike

Old 03-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Glad to hear it! I hope the warning is gone for good.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Enthusiast

It's been well over 3 months now and I haven't had another warning pop up. I think it is safe to safe they fixed the problem.

Mike

Old 11-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: "Check VSC System" Warning - Dealer Says It Is Normal For This To Display

Mike,

After my third incident with this I can tell you it is NOT normal. My dealer originally stated when my VSC did not active and my anti-lock breaks locked that a) it was in spec b) I must need new snow tires. Or Maybe it was me. I have driven in the winter for years and have had many cars with anti lock brakes. I know what to expect.

On the second occasion (now in the summer months) the VSC warning lights all lit up and stayed on all the way to the dealership. The service desk staff told me that it was not unusual this happens one in every 100 cars. It was a simple reprogramming of the computer. It should not happen again.

Until last night. I few months later. They had someone bring me a loaner car because I spoke with the sales manager not the service manager, who clearly in not qualified, nor his staff at the service desk to assess and fix such problems. The sales manager got the master tech for the shop to look at it today. What a surprise, the whole VSC harness and probably the computer chip need to be replaced, because it did not work.

Now you need to know the following items. The anti-lock brakes are affected by the VSC system. When the VSC warning lights go on, the back up braking is sudden and sharp, the drive braking is hard and too the floor. The VSC systems impacts the braking of a vehicle. Lastly, through another source (a toyota tech at another dealership) I learned that the only mechanical braking system on this car is the emergency brake. The Real brakes are all managed through this VSC system and its computer.

Have them replace your VSC system now. Before it happens again, let alone the potential consequences of it happening while you are driving somewhere.

Your dealership is does not know what it is doing.

Bob

Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Bob,

It has been 21 months since his car was fixed. The ABS sensors CAN cause this issue as can a lot of other items.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast

From what I can tell, some folks are assuming that the driver is actually doing something. No, I tuned on my car, and the Check VSC System came on (sunny day, 70 degrees). I didn't yet move the car. When I did, it was like I had no power brakes at all. I turned the car on and off a few times, that cleared the error once, then the brakes worked perfect. 2 days later, sunny day 70 degrees, it happened again. SO I just drove it like that, knowing I'd have to put my foot into the brake when needed. Eventually, the warning went out, and then the brakes would work perfectly again. I do notice that my brake fluid is near the low limit, so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. I intend to check all my calipers for excessively worn pads. If that corrects the problem. I'll let the forum know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Check VSC System" Warning - Dealer Says It Is Normal For This To Display

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands