Chirping sound from interior battery air vent

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:21 PM
08 Camry Hybrid
Default Chirping sound from interior battery air vent

We purchased a 2008 Camry Hybrid in October which just recently turned 7000 miles. A few days ago, we began to hear a high-pitched chirping noises when hitting small and large bumps in the road. Though the noises were apparently coming from the interior battery air vent, the fact they were made as we drove over bumps made me suspect they were related to the suspension or shocks. We didn't begin to hear them until we had driven about 60 miles, and the next day didn't hear them in the morning but they returned in the afternoon. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I'm taking it into the dealer tomorrow but assume they won't hear anything.

RESOLVED: I went to the dealer who fund a loose screw and one missing beneath the air vent on the rear deck. Missing screw was added and loose screw tightened. So far, no more noise.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by jrthom; 07-26-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Issue Resovled
Old 07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Chirping sound from interior battery air vent

I have about 9300+ on my '08. I'll try to listen for the chirping, I haven't noticed anything on mine.

Keep us informed on your findings.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Professional Hacker

It's possible that something foreign object has gotten into the intake duct and is touching the blower when you hit a bump.

I would highly recommend getting the blower and intake system looked at. If something was to jam the blower it would cause your battery pack to overheat and the HV system would shutdown, leaving you with a gas-only hybrid.

It's also possible that it's something as simple as a loose bolt allowing something to shift and squeak. But better safe than sorry.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

Hello All

Mine just return today from the toyota Warranty shop with this same problem, it was the fan unit itself that had the bolts loose, they just tight the bolts and fix the fan unit and the noise went away

Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Professional Hacker

Originally Posted by pr39th
Hello All

Mine just return today from the toyota Warranty shop with this same problem, it was the fan unit itself that had the bolts loose, they just tight the bolts and fix the fan unit and the noise went away
very cool. This is something to make a note of.