cleaning front door speaker plastic grill

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default cleaning front door speaker plastic grill

Long story short, soda got spilt on my TCH drivers door and I can't clean the speaker grill very well.

Is there a way to remove just the plastic grill piece covering the speaker in the front drivers door? If not, how difficult would it be to remove the whole drivers door inside panel? Are there websites for these types of parts removals?

Old 07-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: cleaning front door speaker plastic grill

Most cars today have a one-piece door panel that contains the speaker grill, and the speaker itself is anchored to the steel innner door skin. On some cars, you must remove snap-on access panels and several screws before removing the door panel. And, often, there are plastic clips holding the door panel in place that will likely break when you remove the panel. They can run $2-3 for each clip, and there may be as many as 5-7 clips holding the door panel in place.

As for cleaning the grill, try using some Q-tips soaked in a mild cleaner such as Simple Green on the grill openings to see if you can get far enough into the openings to remove the stain.

Good luck.