Comments on the FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Comments on the FAQ

Not sure, but I think the edits were properly added into the main FAQ.]
Please review and let me know if I goofed, thanks!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by ken1784
You're correct.
Warming up stages can't be discussed without coolant temperature reference using some instruments such as ScanGauge.

Ken@Japan
Ken & FastMover, after repeated testing, I found the battery SOC is indeed the factor that changes the behavior in Stage 3. If the SOC was normal or low the ICE will only shut off when coasting > 35mph. However, if the SOC is one bar over normal, the ICE will shut off when I start coasting at speeds below 35mph. I was able to repeat this many times over the past few weeks.

Originally Posted by nash
...- Two mornings after ~3 minutes the temp gauge was on division below normal (4th mark) and the TCH began stopping when coasting ONLY if > 35mph. (Stage 3?) HOWEVER one morning (2nd test), the ICE would shut down coasting at any speed < 41mph. I was surprised and was able to replicate it twice. Why did this only happen one time out of three mornings???!!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08

The manual goes into detail about setting up Homelink but I found some interesting information:

Dealers will tend to blame your garage door opener or your incompetence if it doesn't work.

It can very well be your garage door opener. I had 3 after-market openers that all worked for years to open the garage door. I used these because the original opener got damaged. There was nothing wrong with them but none of them would program the Homelink. The dealer happened to have an opener and I asked him to test to see if it would simply "activate" the homelink as the manual said it should. It would not. I simply gave up.

A few months later, a neighbor gave me an original opener (He had changed openers). That opener instantly activated the Homelink unit.

Always try and use an original opener. After-market ones may open the garage door but not activate Homelink.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

When I was programming mine, I couldn't get it to work. Eventually I changed the battery in the opener and then it worked.

Reason: Homelink requires you to repeatedly press the button. The opener would open and close the door because it needed to be activated only once, but then the weak battery needed time to recover.

This was my issue, yours may be the same or completely different.

Good luck.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm a little surprised that the FAQ does not have a seperate index line item about the NAV/motion override (as available in rev 5.1 of the firmware) mentioned in this thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...unctions-7594/

This sure seems worthy of a seperate line item in the FAQ to me. I love my override and use it frequently. Someone who sees "hidden diagnostics" might not be interested. Someone who sees "way to override the vehicle motion lockout" might be more interested. Just my $0.02.

Last edited by chris_h; 07-28-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:41 PM

Author of FAQ is semi retired, the project took a lot out of him.
Not sure if we want to advocate nor educate folks on the methods of avoiding built in safety measures. Yeah, I know the arguments for allowing a passenger to use the NAV, but if I am not mistaken, it is the law. In my three years here, I don't think i've seen too many questions on the topic, so it's really not a frequenly asked question.