Confirmation lights

Old 12-07-2007, 03:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Confirmation lights

Is there a light inside the car to indicate that the car is locked and the alarm is set? On my old Avalon, when I locked the car there was a red light on dashboard that illuminated to tell you that it was locked.
On my Camry, there is a red light next to the clock that (presumably) indicates that the immobilizer system is activated and that the power is off. Is there another light that goes on to indicate that the doors are locked? I haven't noticed if there is.
I know that there is a confirmation beep, but am interested in the visual indicator. For example, sometimes you walk away from a car and aren't sure if the car is locked or not. A glance at the indicator, in the Avalon, tells you that it is.

Last edited by haroldo; 12-07-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Confirmation lights

No but the blinking Immobiliser light can double as a "lock" light (although I think it still blinks if it's unlocked).

When you lock the car, the immobiliser light becomes solid. Then blinks after... 30 seconds or something like that.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Camry Freak

Originally Posted by haroldo
I know that there is a confirmation beep, but am interested in the visual indicator.
Don't your turn signals flash once when you lock your car with the remote or with the button on the door handles? I know it's not a visual indicator that's inside the vehicle, but it serves the same purpose.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by 07CamHybrid
Don't your turn signals flash once when you lock your car with the remote or with the button on the door handles? I know it's not a visual indicator that's inside the vehicle, but it serves the same purpose.
(Not to be difficult, but), no, they don't. You see, I am looking for an indicator that exists after the time the doors are locked. Let's assume you are in a parking lot and you are walking away from the car and you aren't positive that the car is locked. With my old Avalon, I would glance to the dashboard and when I saw the red light, I knew the car was secure. With the Camry, sure it beeps when I am locking the door, but after that point in time there is no way to know if the car is locked without taking out the keys and clicking the button. Checking the door handle will unlock the door.
I know it sounds trivial, but the light actually was very convenient. It appears that such a light doesn't exist in the Camry.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Interesting, having never owned an Avalon, I don't know what red light you speak of.

You could always pull the rear doors instead or just reach into your pocket and press lock again (should be easy to feel for the lock button).

What you need is Volvo's Personal Communicator key lol.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
SPL

It could be that they don't want other people to be able to tell at a glance whether your car is locked or not.

Stan

Old 12-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

I lock my car from inside the door before closing the door, and can see the lock rotating, for confirmation. That is the best solution I came up.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by crasher
I lock my car from inside the door before closing the door, and can see the lock rotating,...
I looked this morning and couldn't find what you are referring to. Where is the "lock rotating"?
Thanks!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
I looked this morning and couldn't find what you are referring to. Where is the "lock rotating"?
Thanks!

I think he means the black plastic peice that when it rotates it turns to red when lock is unlocked.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by skywagon
I think he means the black plastic peice that when it rotates it turns to red when lock is unlocked.
Okay, I admit I am a Camry-newbie, but where is this plastic piece?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Confirmation lights

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands