Did your dealer allow changes to port installed options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Did your dealer allow changes to port installed options?

Rusty,
My understanding is that the sticker is printed at the port.
My sticker has the port name, my dealers name, and all the PIOs that I requested when I ordered the car.

I told my dealer when I ordered the car on March 25th that I wanted a package #2 (HM/SR) in Blue/Ash with PIOs CF/WL/V5 and I would wait until that exact car was available. I took delivery on June 6th of that exact car with no other additions or deletions.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Enthusiast

The dealer here (Seattle) didn't let me delete nor add options to my TCH despite the fact the car wasn't in port. I'm sure the dealer just wanted the added profit.

tom

Old 09-06-2006, 04:21 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Is PIO sort of a misleading term?
Is there a Toyota Port Installation Facility somewhere?
I makes more sense these PIOs are either dealer installed or farmed out to specialized facilities after the car arrives but I find it hard to believe they are actually installed at a single facility near a Port of any kind.
Any insight appreciated.
J

Old 09-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Enthusiast

SE Toyota are crooks.

The worst deal is Port installed leather at any port.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

Let's see, when they start making the Camrys in KY, what are they going to call this shiester sticker then? Port--, sea water, fish smell, ships, etc. Don't have any of that in land locked KY. Perhaps lake installed options? PIOs are a thinly disguised way to add profit to to coounteract the smart car buyers that refuse to pay it. There are enough people that buy the add-on sticker items and that compensates for those who don't. Its the law of averages. My dealer has none of these gimmicks. Just MSRP and a $60 doc fee. So easy to do business with. So easy.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tumbler
Let's see, when they start making the Camrys in KY, what are they going to call this shiester sticker then? Port--, sea water, fish smell, ships, etc. Don't have any of that in land locked KY. Perhaps lake installed options? PIOs are a thinly disguised way to add profit to to coounteract the smart car buyers that refuse to pay it. There are enough people that buy the add-on sticker items and that compensates for those who don't. Its the law of averages. My dealer has none of these gimmicks. Just MSRP and a $60 doc fee. So easy to do business with. So easy.
On the Build Your Toyota page they're simply referred to as "Accessories". That's probably what they'll continue to be called no matter where the car is manufactured. There isn't a second PIO "sheister" sticker; they're included on the main sticker. If you want the carpet and trunk mats you're getting an "accessory" that's apparently installed once the cars arrive at the port. Whether the mats were put into the car in Yokohama Japan or Long Beach California was immaterial to me. I wanted them, I paid for them and I got them. It's a slightly quirky system, but I don't think it's anything sinister.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Enthusiast

When a dealer adds a 1700 buck sticker for various port installed options and cant or wont explain on a price per item basis, its sinister and shady. Likewise, a $500 doc fee when one can go and register the car themselves, that is shady too especially when they point out it includes upkeep for the building, the staff, the new service department--, its all BS. Fees for those items come from the holdbacks, variance between what they paid and what you pay, etc. They may not be able to be outwright dishonest, but there is nothing to say that they have to be open, honest, and engage in full disclosure. Find a dealer that just asks MSRP or less and askes for a reasonable doc fee and skip the rest of the BS

Old 09-06-2006, 05:56 PM
WVGasGuy

Whether the mats were put into the car in Yokohama Japan or Long Beach California was immaterial to me. I wanted them, I paid for them and I got them. It's a slightly quirky system, but I don't think it's anything sinister.

You obviously didn't get one of the $35,000 specials out of the SE Area that had 18" wheels, spoiler, remote start, toyoguard, loJack, .......

Old 09-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

I wasnt talking about mats--, I bought them too. Those are legitimate accessories.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
Whether the mats were put into the car in Yokohama Japan or Long Beach California was immaterial to me. I wanted them, I paid for them and I got them. It's a slightly quirky system, but I don't think it's anything sinister.

You obviously didn't get one of the $35,000 specials out of the SE Area that had 18" wheels, spoiler, remote start, toyoguard, loJack, .......
There are Port Installed Options/Accessories that come from Toyota and there are Dealer Installed Options. 18" wheels, Toyoguard and LoJack would be installed by the dealer and totally at their discretion. Spoilers, remote start and mats are available from Toyota and are installed at the port (I presume). The subject of this thread is "Did your dealer allow changes to port installed options?". That's what I thought we were discussing.

Quick Reply: Did your dealer allow changes to port installed options?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands