Disabling sound when locking/unlocking doors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Disabling sound when locking/unlocking doors?

I am trying to find how I can disable the sound when locking and unlocking the doors using the remote. I want the lights to blink, but do not want it to make the chirping noise.

I was able to find out how to do this on my 2004 Camry, but cannot seem to locate these instructions for the 2007.

Anybody here know how I may be able to do this?

Thanks.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Disabling sound when locking/unlocking doors?

I dont think you can do it. Without the chirp you would never know that your door lock when pressing the button on the door handle.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:40 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

skata — I think that you can! Check the Customization thread for the list of changeable parameters. See "WIRLS BUZZ RESP" (Wireless Buzzer Answer-Back).

Stan

Old 12-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPL
skata — I think that you can! Check the Customization thread for the list of changeable parameters. See "WIRLS BUZZ RESP" (Wireless Buzzer Answer-Back).

Stan
Thanks, Stan. I believe you answered my question, which is that I cannot do it myself. Looks like it needs the Toyota Scantool to set this option.

It is not a big deal. I just don't like all the chirpings in the parking lots and was just going to do my part by making mine quiet.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

For those that have had options that require a dealer/service dept to be "tweaked" has Toyota done the adjustments "gratis" or do they typically charge t&m ?
Curious.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by schmidtj
For those that have had options that require a dealer/service dept to be "tweaked" has Toyota done the adjustments "gratis" or do they typically charge t&m ?
Curious.
Schmidtj,

I asked for 3 customizations on my first 5K (about 2+ months back, but just haven't had the time to be 'semi-active' on this forum since then):
  • Silencing the seat belt buzzer (took a lot of convincing/coercing to do, but they ultimately caved in)
  • Turning off auto-inlet mode (I like to decide recirc or not on my own, thanks...)
  • One-button press for opening all 4 doors vs having to press twice (note: I'm talking about the remote, not the door!)
All of them "gratis". I don't know how often I can go there and get it all done for free, but I'm sure they'll "comply" the first time in the hopes you'll come there the the car's lifespan -- even after the first few free oil changes.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

I had the "lock/unlock beeps" turned off, done for free by my dealer....