Disappearing VSC light

Old 01-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Disappearing VSC light

OK, I'll start new thread on this as it's different from discussed before.
I have INTERMITTENT Check VSC light. It will come on for no good reason, then disappear after car parked for few hrs. Give or take 100 miles or so, it'll come up again.

Thoughts? Car drives fine, only 0.2 decrease in average mpg which is easily understood winter time.

About the only thing wrong is whoomp sound from rear, ONLY after she was parked for long time, and ONLY right after take off. 1st 10 seconds or so, she can do 1 to 3 of those whoomps. I also noticed that those whoomps come usually when the rear end goes up and down. Can't reproduce it by pushing trunk area down. I thought it's was brake pad catching on rotor, but does not explain up-down situation. I HAD HER TORN APART IN THE REAR SEVERAL TIMES, NOTHING SHOWS WRONG.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Default Re: Disappearing VSC light

Update.

Light came up again, on way back from work. Took about a week of driving to happen. I drove straight to Toyota dealer, but because it was past regular hrs, they could only use hand held scanner. It did not show any error codes.
Guy told me to bring her in after light stays on for several days. He called it something very intermittent.

I'll pull ABS sensors tomorrow and clean them. Will report.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:02 PM

After 900 miles and about a month since I reset a U code with scanner, I can likely safely say that the issue is no more.

Was it caused by ELM Bluetooth adapter in OBD2 port, that I do not know, as I do not remeber what was first. But I took it out anyway.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like your ELM gave the car a Bluetooth ache......

I couldn't resist... Glad you found the other post that lead you to the solution.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:33 PM

Yeah, dem Prius folks....
Guess had to play a dentist and pull the tooth out, ha-ha.... Good pun...