Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 06:41 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Had my TCH for just over a month now. I've read just about everything I can find on HSD and the TCH specifically. Opened the manual a dozen times to check or confirm certain things. Although I still really look forward to driving the car, I had thought the discovery phase was over, that there was nothing more to learn. I've mostly figured out the whole hybrid driving thing, the rest is up to traffic, weather and destination to determine how good my mileage is going to be. The honeymoon is over I thought, time to just settle back and just enjoy driving. Keep it spotless and waxed at least until winter... Wondering how much the trauma of winter will scrub this glossy marvel.

Well last night I actually had one more "functional" discovery, maybe my last? I noticed the key flashed faintly red when I was "in range" of the auto door locks. I spent 5 minutes walking to and fro just to see what the range is. It was like reliving my youth of just 4 weeks ago when discoveries abounded. I noticed it did not do the same for the trunk though, it must only check when you press the button?

How does the saying go? It's the little things in life.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Are you saying that the key fob itself flashes red? If so, where is the light coming from?

Or is it an indicator inside the car?

Thanks!

Old 07-23-2006, 05:27 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by spiff72
Are you saying that the key fob itself flashes red? If so, where is the light coming from?

Or is it an indicator inside the car?

Thanks!
The key fob has a very small red LED in the upper left corner. It blinks when approaching the car and gets within range of the start button.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Toyota must have used two different key fobs. Mine has no LED on it anywhere.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by pajasper
Toyota must have used two different key fobs. Mine has no LED on it anywhere.
Mine doesn't seem to have one, either. I checked it out this morning as I left for work. (Unless only one of the two fobs has it - and I am using the one without the LED!)...

Old 07-24-2006, 06:07 AM

I'll have to check this out. The key is always in my pocket so I've never looked.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Please post a picture

Old 07-24-2006, 06:53 AM

Yeah! What he said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 07-24-2006, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by TKCamry
The key fob has a very small red LED in the upper left corner. It blinks when approaching the car and gets within range of the start button.
Perhaps that's why I don't see it. I don't have a start button on my key fob. I'm guessing this only occurs if you have the remote start option installed?

Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Enthusiast

Since this topic has been brought up: I have been experiencing the inability to walk up to the car and put my hand on the handle and open. Both keyes are doing this. And once in the car the display will sometimes read "no key located". Going to ask dealer about this at 5000 mile oil change, and I am only at 1000 miles.

Droid13, sorry not trying to change yor original post. You are correct in that it is the little things that go unnoticed and months down the road, no pun intented, you notice something else.

Quick Reply: Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands