Do dealers have the new Sirius kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Do dealers have the new Sirius kit?

I bought my THC in mid Nov and the dealer described the problems with the Sirius adapter kit and that a new model would be available around the end of the year. Before I go back to the dealer, I'm curious if anyone knows whether the new kit is available and, more importantly, how well does it work?

Old 01-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do dealers have the new Sirius kit?

What problems was there witht he Sirus kit? There was a static issues that was resolved with a jumper. I dumped the windshield antenna and went to a roof mounted one, helped reduce the drop outs, but not eleminate them. I was not happy with the number of dropouts, but not an issue any longer since I am back with XM.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Do dealers have the new Sirius kit?

Originally Posted by kluken
What problems was there witht he Sirus kit? There was a static issues that was resolved with a jumper. I dumped the windshield antenna and went to a roof mounted one, helped reduce the drop outs, but not eleminate them. I was not happy with the number of dropouts, but not an issue any longer since I am back with XM.
I'm not sure what the issues were. When I was buying the car in early Nov, I asked the dealer to install the Sirius kit. A day later he told me my XM was ready to go. I reminded him I'd asked for Sirius. He called back and said the Sirius kits were not available and wouldn't be until the end of the year. Grazing this site (I think) I found a discusssion describing the Sirius kits for TCHs as didn't work well and Toyota was coming up with a new kit. As I've never had Sat radio, I have not other info. I do want it to work through the factory radio.