View Poll Results: Did you purchase an extended warranty?
Yes, I always buy extended warrantees
10.28%
Yes, I usually don't buy extended warrantees but did because the hybrid is 'different'
41.12%
I am still undecided what to do
9.35%
No, I never buy warrantees
32.71%
No, I usually buy warrantees, but I didn't this time
3.74%
No, I lease the car and wont keep it long enough to worry about it
0%
I haven't yet, but I definitely will
2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Do you have an extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Do you have an extended warranty?

Originally Posted by cindajan
I have a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid....with almost 100,000 miles. I have about two plus days to determine if I should extend my warranty at quite a cost with either Easy Care or with Ford via the dealer. Apparently Ford offers a better deal, however I haven't checked all of the details; including the deductible info, and they do not cover road damage to the wheels/tires. If anyone has advice....please provide. Thanks.
If you were talking about a Toyota with good maint records, I would say no to the extended warranty. I have no idea about the Ford hybrids with a higher mileage however. Try doing some research here at the Ford forum and at the other online resources that cater to Fords for the Escape Hybrid.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:45 PM
700 Mi Camry Club Member

Extended warranty expired. Replaced water pump that was leaking pretty good. I also replaced steering intermediate shaft while under warranty since it was making a good bit of noise. Repair bills total just under $1200. They did not grease the shaft like I have heard some service shops have done....they just replaced the unit with an updated intermediate shaft.

The extended warranty worked out pretty good for me. Piece of mind. I originally paid $880 for the warranty. Only disappointment was the rear brake squeal. Not covered under warranty. They did however spend a good bit of time working to quiet the ones I had. Oh well.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

I haven't bought extended warranties for any of the Toyota cars I have bought. My '09 TCH has had the water pump go out but within the 5 years 60,000 miles power train warranty. Otherwise no problems at all.

I did wish I had bought one for a '93 Dodge Grand Caravan which was the most trouble prone vehicle I have ever owned. AC went through 3 compressors and never really worked right, the transmission failed early on so was covered by warranty but was always rough shifting after they "rebuilt" it. I hated the problems but fell in love with the utility of a minivan so bought a '02 Grand Caravan with all the bells and whistles along with a 5 year extended warranty. My '09 TCH replaced it. I still have the '02 and it has been trouble free for over 100k miles so no use for the extra warranty.

Getting back to the question - for a Toyota I wouldn't invest in one. More than likely you are wasting your money.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry - newbie, didn't find the Ford Hybrid section but saw this Ford post...

I also have an Escape Hybrid (2008). Since buying it new I opted for the mechanical breakdown coverage thru my insurance company, and no, haven't used it yet. I did indeed use it on two previous cars however and it paid for itself because they were major repairs. But the Escape has been very good so far. The only reason I was considering extending beyond 100k miles is because of the electrical motor and computer controller parts, etc. = unknown quantities.

So, which ext. warranty company did you end up buying from and how is it working out?