View Poll Results: Do you have interior squeaks and rattles? You can choose more than 1!!
I only have a few squeaks.
38.46%
I have alot of squeaks.
12.31%
I have no squeaks.
33.08%
I have a few rattles.
32.31%
I have alot of rattles.
6.92%
I have no rattles
40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Do you have squeaks and rattles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Do you have squeaks and rattles?

I started this poll to see just how wide spread the interior issues go with the new Camrys.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Default Re: Do you have squeaks and rattles?

I have only one mild squeak (console) and one mild rattle - so far... I'm not going to obsess over either of them at this point. Winter time is terrible for bringing out the absolute worse in a car because all the rubber, vinyl and plastic are hard. If the rattle and squeak are still there in the spring, I'll bring it in..

Old 01-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I used to have a squeak in the console but I fixed it about 7,000 miles ago and it is still silent. For about a week I thought I had a rattle, then I realised it was change in the little drawer in the dash on the left side of the steering wheel. It went away when I spent the change!

Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

I once had an intermittent clunk sound in the glovebox area of my '98 Honda Accord. I took it in for service, and the tech put 25+ miles on the car trying to diagnose that clunk. All he found was my sunglasses in the overhead holder sliding back and forth. And of course, that was the cause of the noise. Now I make sure to completely empty the car of my belongings and listen for noises before taking it back to the dealer.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:53 AM

This is getting interesting.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:28 PM

Quietest car I've ever owned. The center console squeaked only because my wife ripped it out one day trying to pull the phone charger out, but that was fixed.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

The only squeak I had was the infamous "crickets," which took 5 minutes to fix with rubberized insulation tape.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 AM

I have rattles/buzzing back deck, some squeaks from both B pillar areas, but worse on passenger side. Center console squeak, which after 2 attempts I think I had fixed. Int he end I got rid of my TCH due to poor interior fit and finish. At 6400 miles the forn seat began sagginga bit, the back seat quality is shabby, the outer side edges are almost flexible. The poor dash lighting ergonomic where I had to keep adjusting guage lighting drove me nuts as did the crappy non-navi radio controls and disply. And while not major the all over the map temperature regulations, AUTO climate my ***, set a temp and one day it is comfortable, the next it is either too hot or too cold. The gas savings was not worth the quaility compromises or poor quailty so I went back to my TL.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

This was my first Toyota - I have only owned fords and chevy's in the past and I can without a doubt say that my Ford and Chevy's never squeaked or rattled this much - the entire dash along the windshield squeaks and rattles - definitely not anything better in terms of fit and finish over American Made cars.....!

And to top that off - the bumper on this thing is %&@#@# - I just bumped 2-3 mph someone tonight at a very icy intersection - just couldn't stop - no damage - not even a scratch to their painted ford explorer bumper - but I'm looking at a several thounsand dollar repair for a 2-3 mph bump - cracked the bumper and pushed it up into the hood - absolutely the worst bumper or lack there of - terrible design!!!!! Needless to say - I'm not really happy with my TCH at this time....of course I'm also mad at myself too!

Old 01-08-2007, 04:07 AM

The interior quality on ergonomics finally caused me to get rid of my TCH. The constant squeaks and rattles coupled poor interior fit/finih and materials and then the crappy HVAC, Radio and gauge lighting controls drove me nuts. Toyota sure does nto build them like they used to, I owned a 89 Camry, 91 celica, 93 Camry V6 XLE and 97 Avalon, I noticed the hints of lower quality in the Avalon, and the TCH is no better than anything any other Asian mfg offers, Toyota bowed tot he dollar (or Yen) and cut quailty to make profit and volume.

Quick Reply: Do you have squeaks and rattles?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands