Do you park crooked?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Do you park crooked?

The TCH is my third camry, and I seem to have a problem parking it straight in when I turn to the right. I have actually talked to another camry owner and he has the same problem. If the parking space is to the left, I can line it up correctly when I turn in, but if the space is to the right, I don't seem to turn quite as much, so it is a little crooked when parked. My wife thinks it is the angle of the front hood that makes you think it is straight.

Does anybody else have this problem, or is it just weird old me?

Old 07-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you park crooked?

I think I have that same issue too. What I DO know is that I cannot reverse this car straight to save my life. The wife does not like the little spy mirrors so I lose sight of the lines very quickly and always end up crooked!! Don't know what it is about this car. I don't have these issues in my 4-Door Tacoma with a camper shell on it. Then again, it has bigger mirrors.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

All the time, to the consternation of my co-workers. I thought it was just me - now I feel better...

Old 07-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I don't think I've noticed any problems with my parking... Been a year now so if I do, I'm oblivious!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chestr
I don't think I've noticed any problems with my parking... Been a year now so if I do, I'm oblivious!
So now, the question is, did you park crooked before?

When I first picked up my TCH, parking it next to the sienna (with an eye at the sienna to the right, I thought I was crooked too.. When I look to the left, I am straight as an arrow.. I assume its some optical illusion to the right of the car that makes it look as though the car is at an angle.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!

Originally Posted by nyc2socal
So now, the question is, did you park crooked before?

When I first picked up my TCH, parking it next to the sienna (with an eye at the sienna to the right, I thought I was crooked too.. When I look to the left, I am straight as an arrow.. I assume its some optical illusion to the right of the car that makes it look as though the car is at an angle.
I park crooked, too! The thing is, I do it on purpose, trying to occupy at least two parking places. I do it away from the building, but it protects my TCH from the wingnuts who don't respect other peoples stuff and slam the door of their crapmobile into my car.

Last edited by wxman3; 07-26-2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Malcontent

I don't have a left-right problem but I find that I'm often too far back or too far forwards. I think my previous car had a longer nose or the windshield started further back.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I am so glad that I am not the only one with this problem! Just this morning, I parked in a space at work, got out of the car, took 5 steps away and walked back to re-park it! I seem to have a hard time centering my car in parking spots, and ending up crooked...

I don't understand why this is - maybe it is the high windowsills/waistline around the car?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Enthusiast

I too am glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem. I have a very difficult time parking straight. I usually have to look out the driver side window at the lines and line the wheels up with the lines. I have even tried parking what appears to be crooked on purpose hoping I will end up straight but that only works about half the time. I have never had a problem parking a vehicle straight before but for some reason the TCH is a challenge.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

The TCH suffers from the current bone-headed design style of high doors and narrow windows (as opposed to lower doors and larger windows that would afford a better view of what is going on). I suspect this is done in the name of style, since there is no logical reason to reduce visibility.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons for the crooked parking.

Quick Reply: Do you park crooked?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands