Does Your Dealer Know Your TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:42 AM
An Enthusiast
Default Re: Does Your Dealer Know Your TCH?

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
rscott, as jbollt mentions, go to www.toyotaiguide.com. Follow the guidance until you get to the info for TCH. Go to "Other Features" and choose "Customizable Electronic Features". There you can find a number of items that can be configured as you choose. The dealer is supposed to be able to adjust these easily.

I'd like my sympathy, now, please.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that site -- you win the sympathy. <G>
-Scott

Old 08-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
These customizable features are publicly confirmed via Toyota's own ToyotaiGuide.com website.

I took my TCH into my dealer, and had the climate control changed so it doesn't always default to "recirc" and had the fob changed so one click opens all doors, altho I rarely will use this.

I was able to follwo the instructions inthe manual to cahnge the keyless smart system so when I place my hand around the driver's door handle, all doors open atthe same time also.
Awesome! One of my pet peeves was not having all four doors unlock. Much easier now that I've reprogrammed the fob. Excellent!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Enthusiast

I also own a VW TDI and have a computer program that I can hook to the dianostic plug and use my laptop and change all settings, door locks, fuel injection, timing and a ton of other things. Does anyone know if these programs exist for the Toyota? Saves a trip to dealer and a lot of $$$$$$$. sk

Old 01-02-2008, 02:14 PM
DrD
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
These customizable features are publicly confirmed via Toyota's own ToyotaiGuide.com website.

I took my TCH into my dealer, and had the climate control changed so it doesn't always default to "recirc" and had the fob changed so one click opens all doors, altho I rarely will use this.

I was able to follwo the instructions inthe manual to cahnge the keyless smart system so when I place my hand around the driver's door handle, all doors open atthe same time also.
Where did you find these instructions? I'd like to do this too. My manual just refers me to the dealer, are your talking about the service manual? Care to share these instructions? Thanks.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skywagon
I also own a VW TDI and have a computer program that I can hook to the dianostic plug and use my laptop and change all settings, door locks, fuel injection, timing and a ton of other things. Does anyone know if these programs exist for the Toyota? Saves a trip to dealer and a lot of $$$$$$$. sk
Unfortunatly there is nothing like the fabulous Vag-Com from Ross Tech.

There are tools you can buy, but you wouldn't want to.

....such as this wonderfull $10,000 tool!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-DENSO-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Later!

Dang

Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrD
Where did you find these instructions? I'd like to do this too. My manual just refers me to the dealer, are your talking about the service manual? Care to share these instructions? Thanks.
If you're asking about setting up the doors so that unlocking the Driver's Door using the outside door handle will unlock all 4 doors, it is in the Owner's Manual: Page 40.
SELECTING DOORS TO BE UNLOCKED W/ ENTRY FUNCTION:

Make sure that the POWER switch is turned OFF.

To change mode, within 1 m (3 ft) of the vehicle, press the lock switch and trunk opener or unlock switch simultaneously for 5 seconds. (You could also select the ALARM button, but IF you hit ALARM BEFORE the LOCK, the car makes ALL types of NOISE!)

When the mode is changed, the buzzer will sound:

2 beeps if Driver's door will unlock ALL doors.
3 beeps if Driver's door will unlock ONLY Driver's door.

I hope this answers you question.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by flopshot
Awesome! One of my pet peeves was not having all four doors unlock. Much easier now that I've reprogrammed the fob. Excellent!
Toyota set the default for a reason. There are times when a car might be a dark location or parking lot and the owner DOESN'T want to open ALL the doors. It's not all that difficult to push the button twice on an AS NEEDED basis. Once you change the default you have no choice. ALL the doors open even when you might not want them to.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:44 AM
DrD
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JHSmith
If you're asking about setting up the doors so that unlocking the Driver's Door using the outside door handle will unlock all 4 doors, it is in the Owner's Manual: Page 40.
SELECTING DOORS TO BE UNLOCKED W/ ENTRY FUNCTION:
Make sure that the POWER switch is turned OFF.
To change mode, within 1 m (3 ft) of the vehicle, press the lock switch and trunk opener or unlock switch simultaneously for 5 seconds. (You could also select the ALARM button, but IF you hit ALARM BEFORE the LOCK, the car makes ALL types of NOISE!)
When the mode is changed, the buzzer will sound:
2 beeps if Driver's door will unlock ALL doors.
3 beeps if Driver's door will unlock ONLY Driver's door.
I hope this answers you question.
Thanks, I didn't really understand this section.

I tried it, and now all my doors unlock which is what I wanted, but strangely they now unlock as soon as I approach, even before I touch the door handle. In fact if I grab the handle the drivers door fails to unlock but the others do.

Is this the normal behavior? Is there a setting that allows all doors to unlock but still requires one to grab the drivers door handle? That would be my first choice.

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrD

I tried it, and now all my doors unlock which is what I wanted, but strangely they now unlock as soon as I approach, even before I touch the door handle. In fact if I grab the handle the drivers door fails to unlock but the others do.

Is this the normal behavior? Is there a setting that allows all doors to unlock but still requires one to grab the drivers door handle? That would be my first choice.

Thanks for your help.
Strange,

No, that's NOT normal behavior (unlocking BEFORE touching the handle).

Make sure that the "UNLOCK" button is not jammed on the SKS FOB you used for programming. Another item to check would be to approach the car with the other FOB (the original one being left in the house) and see if it's a FOB problem or the car itself.

Last item would be to repeat procedures to place car back in original state and check to see if the car responds correctly.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrD

Thanks for your help.
Strange,

No, that's NOT normal behavior (unlocking BEFORE touching the handle).

Make sure that the "UNLOCK" button is not jammed on the SKS FOB you used for programming. Another item to check would be to approach the car with the other FOB (the original one being left in the house) and see if it's a FOB problem or the car itself.

Last item would be to repeat procedures to place car back in original state and check to see if the car responds correctly.