Driver Door's rattle, central air vent squeaks, but still a wonderful car

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Ian
Active Enthusiast
Default Driver Door's rattle, central air vent squeaks, but still a wonderful car

I got my TCH for a month since the end of June, and have already driven 1700 miles in the Wisconsin and Minnesota. Everything works great and higher than what I expected. However there are couple things would like to share with everyone and seek for some opinion and experience...

Driver door's rattle:
Have anyone expereinced rattle sounds from the driver door ( or other doors)? It is a come and go issue that I don't know what triggers the rattle. It comes up no matter what kind of road and speed I am driving. I bought up this issue to the service manager but they didn't hear anything while they were testing it. As I said, the sound comes and goes, and it is very annoying, and I have no way to explain to them how the rattle comes. Does anyone has any experience on how to tell the service manager the issue?

Central Left Air Vent squeaks:
When the air con is in its max, there are squeaks on the left air vent, that when the air vent is in the middle. The sounds are goine when it is being switched to left or right. Has anyone encountered this issue? The service manager said it is because of the Plasmascluster. The sounds is from the ionizing progress.. I was like.. ok.. then I tried again.. the sounds happened again.

I am still learning how to max the MPG. Now I am getting around 39 MPG. The strategy I am using is to accelerate my speed, then release the gas paddel, then cruise by the electric motor. Of cos it can only happen while I am driving below 40 miles/hour

Thanks.
Ian

Old 07-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driver Door's rattle, central air vent squeaks, but still a wonderful car

Ian,
I don't know for sure but I would say that the squeak coming from the vent is not the Plasmacluster. I have just under 1500 miles on mine now and there are no rattles or squeaks what so ever. I even had the dealer put the Sirius in which I thought may induce some rattles when the tech pulled the dash apart to install it. I wish I had a camera phone with me when the service manager walked me back to my car to ask where I wanted the antenna mounted; the whole right side of my dash was apart.

The one thing I did have a little episode with was the center console. I realized that I had put a pen and a sharpie in the little tray inside the center console and because it’s not padded or anything the pens would just roll back and forth and rattle with bumps in the road. I cut up an old mouse pad to put in the bottom of that tray and now the noise is completely gone.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driver Door's rattle, central air vent squeaks, but still a wonderful car

I have a squeak form the 2 littls fin like protrusions that come out on either side of that big cubbie at the bottom below the radio. Some back deck squeaks and rattles under heavy bass, but so far thats it. I am a little disspointed at what I feel is loose fit and finish. The materials are good, but the cabin doens not feel tightly assembled. Could be a year 1 thing. I guess I was spoiled way back, my 93 Carmy V6 XLE was like a tank, probably one of the best built cars I ever owned. My Infiniti I30 and I35 woudl be a close second and then my 06 TL would be next. The worst interiors I had were my 04 TL (like a haunted house). All my other cars were decent. I also think the outside door trim seems loose, leaning on it while washing car and it gives and squeaks, never had that on any other car.