Factory Sirius Setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Factory Sirius Setup

My antenna is more to the right in the passenger side looking out, when I asked why not next to the mirror they said they were having a few not stick well to whatever that factory coating is there. I originally asked for it to be right against the mirror.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kluken
My antenna is more to the right in the passenger side looking out, when I asked why not next to the mirror they said they were having a few not stick well to whatever that factory coating is there. I originally asked for it to be right against the mirror.
I think they were just being lazy. It would bug me if it was not next to the mirror. I'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to lining things up and having things look in order. Of course having it on the back window would be best but as I said in another post, I have tint and don't need that trouble if I ever switch back to XM or have antenna issues.

I took the factory tape off and used my own, 3M 2 sided tape. I have not had an issue. If you look at how much tape they used, they cover the whole antenna with tape and stick it to the window. I only used about 1 inch X 3 to hold mine to the window. The Antenna has 3 pads that are used for the tape, as I said the dealership covered the whole antenna.

Last edited by cohort; 09-18-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:44 PM
pse
Enthusiast

I too have drops fairly often with Sirius and I am coming from a 2005 Accord that had a roof mounted antenna for XM that would never drop out, except for going under some overpasses and in tunnels. Sirius seems to drop out when under or close to SOME tall trees and of course under overpasses and in tunnels. It does get rather annoying. I'm just glad I'm not paying for the service. I have 9 months free, but after nine months I may switch back to XM unless the problem is somehow rectified. I took mine to the dealer and the tech seemed to think it was the "cheap equipment" that Sirius gives dealers to do free installs. Not sure about that. As for position of the antenna, I really didn't notice after the first 24 hours of having the car. It is really unobtrusive. I asked to have it mounted elsewhere b/c of reception issues, but the dealer said that was only place they could mount it.
If someone figures out what the problem is please post.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

cohort...can you use your radio dials to dial in the sirius channels as well?

Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

waterfront,

the SAT Radio option is controlled just like the AM/FM, you have dial as well as catagory button to jump sections, and then you set the presets liek you woudl on AM/FM.