Fake Chrome Lower Grill

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Fake Chrome Lower Grill

After seeing the picture of MickeysPal's TCH, I decided to get the fake chrome lower grill add-ons from EBay. On any other Camry, I think these would look awful. However, since the TCH has a chromed grill, I think these accent pieces make the whole front end look better. Here is the before and after picture. Decide for yourself!

Another view:

Old 03-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Default Re: Fake Chrome Lower Grill

Let me be the first to say "VERY NICE!"

Old 03-04-2007, 04:48 PM

That's look very good...maybe I wont get the SE grill for my black TCH.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
After seeing the picture of MickeysPal's TCH, I decided to get the fake chrome lower grill add-ons from EBay. On any other Camry, I think these would look awful. However, since the TCH has a chromed grill, I think these accent pieces make the whole front end look better. Here is the before and after picture. Decide for yourself!

Another view:

Flopshot, very nice! Post an update when you get your fog lights so we can see how they look too.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nice!

Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks all for showing the "fake chrome lower grill" - I think this looks great as well.

I recall seeing "chrome" door edge guards @ WalMart & while not trying to be cheap took a chance on them. They're 24" long & just come-up a bit short when installed though you can center them for a good effect - see attached pdf. Unsure if the eBay ones are an exact match in length to the lower grill.

For $2.66 a pair even if they only last a year or so I can probably replace them 4-5 times before the price of the eBay version...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TCH_Lower_Grill_Edge_Guards.pdf (134.1 KB, 135 views)
Old 03-20-2007, 09:51 AM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by tjd24
Thanks all for showing the "fake chrome lower grill" - I think this looks great as well.

I recall seeing "chrome" door edge guards @ WalMart & while not trying to be cheap took a chance on them. They're 24" long & just come-up a bit short when installed though you can center them for a good effect - see attached pdf. Unsure if the eBay ones are an exact match in length to the lower grill.

For $2.66 a pair even if they only last a year or so I can probably replace them 4-5 times before the price of the eBay version...
They look just fine and for that price, you can't beat the deal.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by tjd24
Yes, after I received the item and saw exactly what it is, I would have just gone over to AutoZone and purchased a roll of this stuff, I heard it's about $10 for something like 20ft. Basically, the EBay seller has measured the length of various grills and simply sends you a pre-cut strip matching your specific car. What a racket! Oh well, live and learn.

Last edited by flopshot; 03-20-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast

thanks flopshot - I didn't mean to make you regret your eBay option though you found out on your own another less expensive alternative. I appecriate you getting the idea posted & sharing the pics.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I bought chromed door edge guards at Autozone for $3.00. They are 27 inches long and will need to be trimmed. Look just as good.

Quick Reply: Fake Chrome Lower Grill

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands