Firmer Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Firmer Suspension

Has anyone investigated installing stiffer springs/struts in the TCH? I've only got 350 miles on my new TCH, and already my wife and I are longing for a bit sportier ride----off ramps just aren't a whole lot of fun when the car is porpoising after every deflection....she's prone to motion sickness, and is afraid on a long trip, while asleep (as a passenger, of course!), it might become a bit alarming
We love the car---the brakes, the steering, the mileage. We're just thinking it could be more pleasant with a firmer ride.
Thanks for a great website. I look forward to learning a great deal more about my car.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Firmer Suspension

It's been investigated, but nothing is offered right now and probably never will be.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Firmer Suspension

I replaced the springs in my TCH with springs from a CamrySE. The suspension feels just a bit tighter, but not anything that I would really notice unless I was specifically trying to feel it. I believe the SE has a compeltely different strut than the Hybrid and other Camry's, so just changing the spring didn't make a huge difference. Also, the rear dropped 1/2" with the SE springs, but the front raised 1/2", which gives the car a weird look. So I've ordered a set of TRD springs and will probably only install the fronts (leaving the SE springs in the rear) to see how that drives.

See this thread for more info (including some back & forth between kris and I! )
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ht=dropped+TCH

Last edited by flopshot; 05-10-2007 at 01:08 PM.