foblems

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default foblems

I just got my TCH less than two weeks ago, and at least half of the time I approach the vehicle, it doesn't unlock automatically, even if I stand there - I have to reach into my pocket and press the unlock button on the fob. The first week I had the vehicle, it unlocked every time. Any thoughts on what the deal is? Other than this, I love my TCH!

Old 02-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: foblems

Strangely enough on both my current TCH and the Prius I used to have, I sometimes had to reach for the door handle before it would unlock. Sometimes I would actually touch the handle and start to pull as it unlocked. I have never had to use the buttons though.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, I have had to do that sometimes too. Today, though, even when I did that nothing happened...

Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

You have to touch the handle to make it unlock.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Enthusiast

The sensor is in the door handle, I have found that even wearing heavy gloves fools the sensor.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

As mentioned above you have to actually touch the door handle for it to unlock and if you are wearing gloves it may not unlock...or it may take longer to unlock.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just to be very clear, the sensor is on the inside of the door handle. Reach behind the door handle and rest your fingers against the inside of the handle. The car will beep as the door(s) unlock. Unless you change the programming, the drivers door handle only unlocks the drivers door. The passengers door handle unlocks all 4 doors.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Strangely enough on both my current TCH and the Prius I used to have, I sometimes had to reach for the door handle before it would unlock. Sometimes I would actually touch the handle and start to pull as it unlocked. I have never had to use the buttons though.
I think that's the way it's suppose to work. You ACTUALLY need to touch the handle.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Are you sure it ever unlocked without you putting your hand on the door handle?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

If it did, that could be a serious security problem, so be glad it works the way it does.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands