Fog Lights - Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb Fog Lights - Suggestions

Can anyone suggest a good foglight?

Mine didn't come with any installed and I like the look of them installed into the available vents.

Is installing them something easily done at home? Are there brackets and wiring behind the black grilles? (I've only had my TCH a week now, haven't really looked yet)

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lights - Suggestions

type "camry hybrid fog" on ebay and you'll see a few options

like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...Q5fAccessories

Old 06-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Enthusiast

I know how to search for fog lights.

I asked for suggestions/recommendations based on personal experience and/or research from other TCH owners.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

The reason I posted like that is so in 2 years when someone reads your thread (and your reply) they will be able to search on ebay for the same thing since the links I posted are dead.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast

Bought mine from Alfaottoparts for my 09 last year when they had a special for 29.99. The lens is glass, unlike some ebay ones are plastic. I did have to change the fuse holder that it came with because the holder melted together to the fuse. Other than the fuse holder it is working fine. No leaks.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

I would like a projector fog light personally.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I bought some from Ebay for my 2008 and installed them myself. There should be some threads in here from myself and others who have installed them. It wasn't a bad installation, if you take your time and think about running the wires carefully you should come out with a nice end result.. Mine did not come with instructions, but I have installed fog lights for years. Install a kit with a relay to keep from running your main power into your dash switch and back out to the lights. You can just run a small wire to it from you switch. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Enthusiast

I would like to install this as well. But I don't don't want to route a switch back to the dash anymore. Can I have it wired to the DRL so it's on all the time? If that's not doable, can I just connect it somewhere where it's one whenever the car is on. Has anyone done this setup? Can you help with instructions?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Enthusiast

You can hook up the relay to the low beam fuse, located in the front fuse box. So when you turn on the headlights, fog light also stays on. No wiring to the dash needed.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Some people have hooked them directly to their low beam wiring. I have always used a separate switch. You would have to splice into the wiring, my only worry is warranty issues if you tap into the factory wiring. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights - Suggestions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands