Forced EV mode...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Forced EV mode...

Originally Posted by skywagon
Yes, you are rite on, and when you find that spot your MPG will increase greatly. The differance between the leadfoots and the lightfeet is Smilage!!!

My question still stands...when you get up to say 40 MPH, do you let your foot completely off the gas and then lightly push on the gas again or are you only partially letting your foot off the gas before you are giving it gas again? Since I was unable to do it this morning I want to make sure I do it correctly

Old 03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tnsig
My question still stands...when you get up to say 40 MPH, do you let your foot completely off the gas and then lightly push on the gas again or are you only partially letting your foot off the gas before you are giving it gas again? Since I was unable to do it this morning I want to make sure I do it correctly
Vince, It is really hard to explain but no I don't take my foot all the way off unless i am pulse and gliding, just releive the pressure and there is a spot that the car seems to like, it does not speed up nor slow down just glides along and the milage really picks up at that point. I am yet to get under 40 mpg with mine. I think the ones that are getting low milage are not driving this way at all. There are certain circumstances where you will not be able to do this due to traffic ect.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Yes, you are rite on, and when you find that spot your MPG will increase greatly. The differance between the leadfoots and the lightfeet is Smilage!!!
So would it be safe to say that this Glide Spot could be refered to as the G-Spot?

Old 03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
So would it be safe to say that this Glide Spot could be refered to as the G-Spot?
Exactly lol!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604

Old 03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Vince, It is really hard to explain but no I don't take my foot all the way off unless i am pulse and gliding, just releive the pressure and there is a spot that the car seems to like, it does not speed up nor slow down just glides along and the milage really picks up at that point. I am yet to get under 40 mpg with mine. I think the ones that are getting low milage are not driving this way at all. There are certain circumstances where you will not be able to do this due to traffic ect.

Thanks Gman . I tried the pulse and glide on the way home from work and I can only glide with no arrows for a second or less...