Got the car and now have a quick question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Got the car and now have a quick question

Have a quick question about the bluetooth feature. I paired the phone with no problem but...when I made my first call I could only hear the person on the other line through the driver side speaker. Is this normal or should you be able to hear out of the passenger side speaker too?

My thought is you are supposed to hear out of both sides but I just wanted to check.

I also noticed that when I had my iPod connected through the AUX input, I could only hear the music through the driverside speakers...I have a feeling this problem is related to the problem with only hearing the bluetooth conversation through the driver side speakers.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got the car and now have a quick question

I picked my TCH up the first week of January, and I noticed that the balance and fader seemed to be pointed towards the front driver side speakers.

Maybe check that?

Once I changed mine, the phone conversation comes out all speakers.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by finbib
I picked my TCH up the first week of January, and I noticed that the balance and fader seemed to be pointed towards the front driver side speakers.

Maybe check that?

Once I changed mine, the phone conversation comes out all speakers.
Thanks...that was actually the first thing I check and everything was set correctly...the funny thing is when I play a CD or have it on the radio the balance is fine...you can hear the music out of all speakers. The salesman is supposed to check with their tech guys. I'll have to call him and tell him the bluetooth feature is having the same problem. I'm probably going to have to take it back to the dealer to have them look at it...No biggie though. With what little I drove the car I'm very impressed.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

That's totally normal. It's concentrated that way so that the driver can hear it better. The less you have the dealership do inside your car after you take delivery of it, the better - trust me.

Last edited by kris; 02-22-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine is driver side also, and I figured it was a factory preset. I am having a little trouble with the voice recognition of numbers. I was playing with it today to test it out and I had to repeat the number about 8 times before it got it right.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tnsig
Have a quick question about the bluetooth feature. I paired the phone with no problem but...when I made my first call I could only hear the person on the other line through the driver side speaker. Is this normal or should you be able to hear out of the passenger side speaker too?

My thought is you are supposed to hear out of both sides but I just wanted to check.

I also noticed that when I had my iPod connected through the AUX input, I could only hear the music through the driverside speakers...I have a feeling this problem is related to the problem with only hearing the bluetooth conversation through the driver side speakers.
Vince,

Congrats on finally getting the car!

The drivers side speaker location is the only speaker that will utilize the bluetooth and NAV voice. (More on that in a minute) What perplexes me is the AUX In. You should not be having a problem with that. You may want to put a DMM on the cable to make sure each channel is getting from the iPod to the stereo.

Now, about the drivers speaker. It represents the best location for the bluetooth audio because the steering column, you, and some of your clothes are between it and the microphone, thereby isolating a lot of the sound. You may think you want the BT audio coming from both sides. Trust me on this one, you don't.

When you get a moment, go into the bluetooth adjustment screen and adjust mic gain up 1 and speaker gain down 1. It works unbelievably well.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Check your AUX cable and push it all the way in on both ends. Not being pushed in will cause it to play out of only one channel.

My phone and nav commands play out of just the driver speaker as well.

(i just turned 500 miles on my new TCH)

Old 02-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Bluetooth conversations and NAV announcements are front left speaker but AUX input is ALL speakers.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Vince,

Congrats on finally getting the car!

The drivers side speaker location is the only speaker that will utilize the bluetooth and NAV voice. (More on that in a minute) What perplexes me is the AUX In. You should not be having a problem with that. You may want to put a DMM on the cable to make sure each channel is getting from the iPod to the stereo.

Now, about the drivers speaker. It represents the best location for the bluetooth audio because the steering column, you, and some of your clothes are between it and the microphone, thereby isolating a lot of the sound. You may think you want the BT audio coming from both sides. Trust me on this one, you don't.

When you get a moment, go into the bluetooth adjustment screen and adjust mic gain up 1 and speaker gain down 1. It works unbelievably well.
Thanks Larry. I'm just glad to hear it's normal for the bluetooth to come out of the left speaker only...I don't remember how to get to the mic gain screen...Link?

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
Check your AUX cable and push it all the way in on both ends. Not being pushed in will cause it to play out of only one channel.

My phone and nav commands play out of just the driver speaker as well.

(i just turned 500 miles on my new TCH)
Thanks wilson...something very funny happened. Last night when plugging my iPod in I made sure it was all the way plugged in all the way...no go though. I went out this morning and tried again and still no go. I decided to turn the cable around and plug the end that was in the aux input to the iPod and the end that was in the iPod to the aux input...PRESTO it's coming out of all speakers now. I haven't a clue why it works that way

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Bluetooth conversations and NAV announcements are front left speaker but AUX input is ALL speakers.
Thanks schmidt...glad to know this is the norm...I not sure why my cable only works "one way" as noted above. I may have to buy another cable and see if it does the same thing.