Gurgling

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Gurgling

I just noticed in the last couple of weeks that there's been a gurgling noise in the front of my car. I get in, and sit, and it sounds like there's gurgling coming from my hood.

Does anyone know what this is?

Old 06-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Gurgling

Mine gurgled when it came back from the body shop after I hit a deer. The impact punctured both the inverter radiator and the engine coolant radiator. After they were replaced, they apparently didn't get the inverter coolant system filled all the way, so there was air in the system, causing the gurgling noise. I brought it back to the dealer, and they got it filled back up and the gurgling went away.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Was that a major problem? They replaced my water pump because it had been leaking. I've been getting that gurgling noise ever since. Is this something I need to have taken care of right away?

Old 06-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ginway
Was that a major problem? They replaced my water pump because it had been leaking. I've been getting that gurgling noise ever since. Is this something I need to have taken care of right away?
I would have it looked at right away. It should covered under warranty (they didn't fill it back up all the way).

I think the issue is that they need to add coolant, run the vehicle to get it circulating, and then top it off again. I could tell mine was low because the translucent reservoir under the hood wasn't full.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands