Has anyone run their FOB thru the Washer & Dryer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Has anyone run their FOB thru the Washer & Dryer?

Originally Posted by Jtighe3
I registered with this site just to share this.

I recently accidentally washed AND DRIED my electronic key to my father's camry hybrid. I discovered it piece by piece in my clothes the next day (it sat in the dryer all night). Battery, circuit board, case and physical key were all separate. I pieced it back together, walked out into my driveway, closed my eyes and pressed the unlock button. *Beep Beep*. Phew!!! The car also starts fine (and thankfully my dad has a spare, as I don't quite think this one will last too long!)

Thought I'd share with folks. Resilient pieces of technology huh?

Don't feel too bad. I did that with one of mine. That was about 2 years ago. It still works just fine! I only put it through the washer though. Never made it to the dryer.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Has anyone run their FOB thru the Washer & Dryer?

Please let us know if your remote starts to shake uncontrollably every time you walk by the washing machine.

If it DOES act up, just take it to the washer and hold it over the top opening. I bet that remote starts working perfectly!