Hat Trick!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!
Thumbs up Hat Trick!!

Today on the way to work I pulled up to a four-way intersection. Northbound-my Barcelona Red TCH.....Westbound-a bright blue TCH....Southbound-a silver TCH. Much honking and thumbs-upping!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hat Trick!!

You should have proceeded immediately to the nearest mini-mart and purchased a lottery ticket!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Fun!

I just returned from Victoria, BC where the streets are loaded with Prius taxis AND TCH taxis! WOW. Much prefer my Jasper Pearl to their taxi yellow! I think I am still the only JP TCH in the area...

Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

4 months after getting my TCH, I finally saw another TCH. It was limegreen, you know that tree hugging limegreen...and he pulled into a Starbucks ...wait a second...

Old 04-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Hat Trick!!

I had a hat trick today, too. In the block that I parked today there was another parked gray TCH (mine is gray). As I was noticing it, a third gray TCH drove by (oblivious to the convergence). Glad to know SOMEONE owns a TCH that isn't gray.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Today, I was meeting my son for lunch, and he got there a few minutes before me. He pulled in next to what he thought was my Desert Sand TCH, but as he got out, he realized it wasn't mine. A minute or two later, I arrived, and saw him standing next to what looked like my car! We went inside the restaurant to eat....sat down by a window, looking out at his car and the clone of mine. As we ate, the "Clone" TCH driver entered his car, and drove away. Within 2 minutes, another Desert Sand TCH pulled into the same spot!!

We had a good laugh, and realized that the TCH is becoming very mainstream.

BTW my TCH turned 1 year old 7/21! No issues to report other than the piece of foam that came loose above the radiator that was replace under warranty.

Last edited by jbollt; 07-25-2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added text
Old 07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've mixed up cars twice in the one month I've had my TCH!

Came out to get in my car and it didn't unlock. Took me a minute scratching my head and looking around before I saw an identical car (mine) 4 parking spaces down! Has happened to me twice at different locations. Yesterday I put a sticker on back window so I'd recognize my car. Maybe I need special license plates too.

John

Old 09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zebrajeb
I've mixed up cars twice in the one month I've had my TCH!

Came out to get in my car and it didn't unlock. Took me a minute scratching my head and looking around before I saw an identical car (mine) 4 parking spaces down! Has happened to me twice at different locations. Yesterday I put a sticker on back window so I'd recognize my car. Maybe I need special license plates too.

John

I'm SO glad I'm not the only person this has happened too. Although my car was much further away... I was pulling on the door handle pissed, trying to impress my friend by showing him how it unlocks by just touching the door handle... Then a woman and her toddler came out staring at me... I acknowledged her by saying: "Oh, it's a new car, I'm just learning the lock mechanism..." to which she replied: "That's great, perhaps you could learn it on someone elses car and not mine..."

Two words - Trauma-tizing

Old 09-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've been at red lights with other TCH drivers.. They never look over for me to give them a thumbs up.. Oh well.. Maybe its a SoCal thing..

Old 09-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nyc2socal
I've been at red lights with other TCH drivers.. They never look over for me to give them a thumbs up.. Oh well.. Maybe its a SoCal thing..
Haha, I'm in Los Angeles, i feel the same way