¡Hat trick! Three TCHs on the freeway

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 05:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow ¡Hat trick! Three TCHs on the freeway

(A 'hat trick' is a hockey term for scoring three goals in one game.)

Sheesh, I forgot to report this amazing incident , which happened last Sunday as I was driving to LA to become a God-daddy for the first time.

I noticed another TCH coming up on my left flank on the freeway. The driver was going faster than I, so I sped up when he passed me in order to stay side-by-side. To my amazement, as we drove in unison, we pulled alongside a THIRD TCH. For a split-second, we were a trio of TCHs driving in formation.

I thought, "There goes 120 MPG."

Old 10-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ¡Hat trick! Three TCHs on the freeway

Very COOL!.. Must have felt like the Blue Angels!.. I had one come up behind me the other night flashing his lights like crazy.. At first I wasn't sure if someone was trying to tell me my trunk was on fire or if someone just wanted my attention. At a stoplight, I saw the TCH. They are becoming more visible.
Geez we oughta come up with a hand signal or something....Wait a minute, they already have those!.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
...I thought, "There goes 120 MPG."
Think about that a little more. I come up with 13.33 MPG for the flight of three.
J

Old 10-05-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm lovin' it

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
(A 'hat trick' is a hockey term for scoring three goals in one game.)

Sheesh, I forgot to report this amazing incident , which happened last Sunday as I was driving to LA to become a God-daddy for the first time.

I noticed another TCH coming up on my left flank on the freeway. The driver was going faster than I, so I sped up when he passed me in order to stay side-by-side. To my amazement, as we drove in unison, we pulled alongside a THIRD TCH. For a split-second, we were a trio of TCHs driving in formation.

congrats on the godfather status...on my biweekly trips between LA and LV...i have only seen one TCH...barcelona red...i was kicking it at 70 on the I-15 when he sped past me...in truth, i have only seen a handful since purchase on 5/17...and have not seen another blue ribbon like mine...i have not parked my TCH once without someone asking about it...people of all ages, races, ethnicities, you get the picture...it's fun to share with them and encourage them to think about purchasing a TCH...congrats again goddaddy

Old 10-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Primo
...i have not parked my TCH once without someone asking about it...people of all ages, races, ethnicities, you get the picture...
My wife gets asked all the time about her '07 Camry XLE. So the interest is not limited to Hybrids only.
Personally the emblems are so small it's hard to tell a Camry Hybrid until you're right on top of one. Unless it's a Jasper Pearl and those you can see 2 blocks away.
J

Old 10-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Enthusiast

I've had my TCH for a week now and not a single gawk or question. And it's a Jasper Pearl, so it's not like its hidden from view! A little disappointing because I'd love to share it's merits. Then again, I think hybrids are kind of ho hum in Boulder. Seems almost like every other car is a hybrid or bio-diesel of some sort. Just this morning, I was driving in town and smelled something cooking. No restaurants around, so I couldn't imagine where the smell was coming from until I realized the garbage truck in front of me was a bio-diesel.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jreas
I've had my TCH for a week now and not a single gawk or question. And it's a Jasper Pearl, so it's not like its hidden from view! A little disappointing because I'd love to share it's merits. Then again, I think hybrids are kind of ho hum in Boulder. Seems almost like every other car is a hybrid or bio-diesel of some sort. Just this morning, I was driving in town and smelled something cooking. No restaurants around, so I couldn't imagine where the smell was coming from until I realized the garbage truck in front of me was a bio-diesel.
I've had my TCH since June 9. If I tell someone I have the hybrid they'll ask about it. But only one person has noticed it's a hybrid and asked me about it. I think it's because it looks like other Camrys, so people may not notice it's a hybrid. People notice the Prius because it's so unique looking and is only available as a hybrid.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I've had my TCH since June 9. If I tell someone I have the hybrid they'll ask about it. But only one person has noticed it's a hybrid and asked me about it. I think it's because it looks like other Camrys, so people may not notice it's a hybrid. People notice the Prius because it's so unique looking and is only available as a hybrid.
I agree, I think someone specifically has to be looking for the TCH to ask about it. Anyway, I didn't purchase the car to be noticed but to fit with my worldview and personal needs. By the way, I love the Jasper Pearl color the more I drive it and see it different light. And I'm up to 45.2 mpg on the first tank with one-third of a tank left to go. What's not to love about this car!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

That is sweet seeing three of em! ha ha.

I've noticed a few around town, but have only been approached one time. The reaction from friends usually is something along of the lines of - "I didn't know toyota made a hybrid camry".

The best way to spot a TCH from any distance is to look for the hybrid badge on the side fenders. The HSD logo on the back trunk lid can be tougher to spot at distances with the bumper/lip... Especially on the darker colors.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have been asked about mine twice in the 2 months of ownership. I was in the doctors office the other day and noticed two people walking around it and staring in the windows.

Quick Reply: ¡Hat trick! Three TCHs on the freeway

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands