Headlamps set to AUTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Headlamps set to AUTO

I have owned the '07 TCH for five months. I have recently learned after shutting down the engine and flipping the headlamps to OFF then back to Auto the lamps go off.

When I get back in and start the engine, the headlamps come right back on.

I'm not sure how long they would stay on with the headlamps left on AUTO after parking the car.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Headlamps set to AUTO

If you leave it in auto, they stay on for :30 seconds, or whatever your dealer has set them for. (they are adjustable)

I sometimes use the same trick when I want them to go off for some reason. Off then back to auto does seem to turn them off.

Later!

Dang

Old 12-26-2007, 10:47 PM

The headlights stay on for 30sec as the default setting. Your service dept can set it to Off (immediate off), 30sec, 60sec, or 90sec. Check Page 12 of the Lighting service manual.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I don't know if it works for the Gen 6 Camry but it worked on my Gen 5.

Pressing LOCK once on the remote (yeah I know you have the SKS but it doesn't hurt to touch the remote once in a while eh?) to lock the doors. Press again to turn off the headlights.

I used to do that all the times with my friends back when the car was new. They'd always remind me that I left my lights on and I remotely turn them off with my remote fob.

I wonder if pressing the LOCK SKS button on the door handles twice will induce the same behaviour.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

press lock once with fob, while your car is locked to turn the lights off, or press it twice if it is unlocked as mentioned by tideland.(once for locking, and one more time to turn light off)

Old 12-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Along for the ride.....

I often turn the headlights off on my 07 by pressing the lock button twice on the fob.

Does anyone know if the headlights turn themselves off if you leave them in the on position and the lock the car?

Old 12-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by Mainer
I often turn the headlights off on my 07 by pressing the lock button twice on the fob.

Does anyone know if the headlights turn themselves off if you leave them in the on position and the lock the car?
They do power off if you lock and shut the door. or shut the door and hit the button on the handle. Walk away and the lights go out after a certain amount of time. Or hit the fob once (if the car's already locked) or twice (if it is) and the lights go out even if left in the full on position on the stalk.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

Will the headlights ever go off (while on Auto) after turning the car off and not opening the door? I sat in my car for about 5 minutes after turning it off and noticed the headlights were still on after I got out of the car.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:59 AM
SPL

In AUTO as in ON, the headlights will only go out 30 s after you get out of the car and lock all the doors (the delay interval is dealer adjustable).

Stan

Last edited by SPL; 01-03-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPL
In AUTO as in ON, the headlights will go out 30 s only after you get out of the car and lock all the doors (the delay interval is dealer adjustable).

Stan
You do not have to lock the doors for the 30 second delay to work.

Quick Reply: Headlamps set to AUTO

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands