Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   HELP What Scan tool do I need to bleeding procedures of brakes!! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/help-what-scan-tool-do-i-need-bleeding-procedures-brakes-31838/)

Luisg47 02-02-2019 10:19 AM

HELP What Scan tool do I need to bleeding procedures of brakes!!

Hey guys. First post

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry hybrid
I replaced my rear driver side caliper and now I am struggling to bleed the system, no matter how much fluid I drain it all has bubbles.i have hit all 4 wheels and I can't get all the air out.i keep seeing online that you NEED a scan tool.
I am having a hard time navigating this website and I'm not sure what I'm reading with people advice for tools

Some said techstream but that's like 2K
Some said a dongle thing but it looks like that's just a cable
I'm really lost hete. If you can can please help me out, my car is now at the point where if it's in gear D/R it will move like a foot and a half with the pedal all the way in if I'm going 1 mph.

The pedal is had to push and has like 2 inches of travel.

I really need help guys
I need a device to purge the air and something that will also run the inverter pump so I can do the inverter coolant. Any help would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATED.

saneesh8 02-06-2019 08:01 AM

Re: HELP What Scan tool do I need to bleeding procedures of brakes!!

Foxwell NT520 can do it. (At least that's what their customer service person told me). It is less than $200 and comes with one free software pack (vehicle specific). Select the Toyota one.

Here is my emails to them..From: Sales FoxwellTool.com <sales@foxwelltool.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 8:17 PM
To: xxxx
Subject: Re: About support for specific vehicle

Hi,

Yes, the NT520 will support the function you need.
--------
Best regards!

Emilia

FoxwellTool.com

Whatsapp: +86 13515975739

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 6:06 AM xxx wrote:
Hi,I am trying to use the reader NT520 in 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. The package available for Toyota, does it work on this car? I am trying to do1) Water pump activation for changing fluid.2) Brake bleed3) Any other specific to hybrid vehicle.