HID's / fog lights on TCH?

Old 09-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HID's / fog lights on TCH?

One thing I miss when I traded in my '03 Acura TL Type S for the TCH is the HID lights and fog lights. I didn't see any options regarding HID lights or fog lights for the TCH, but I noticed that that Prius has them!! That makes me think that it's not an energy thing (esp. since HID's use less power).

I wonder if they purposely don't offer HID lights on TCH's to make the Lexus hybrid line more "exclusive" per say.

That said, has anyone converted (successfully) they're TCH's halogen headlights to HID's and/or installed fog lamps/driving lights on them? Im curious to know if anyone did, that if so, how did you install it, and if you dont mind, how much did it set you back?

Old 10-01-2006, 06:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HID's / fog lights on TCH?

If you search I beleive one or 2 did install HIDs. I too mis HIDs and woudl love to see fog lights as the knock outs are there. I am hoping that maybe the 09 refresh might see HIDs and at least optional fog lights. I believe someone here was having their dealer look at installing the XLE fog lights, but I think there was an issue with the cable harness or light stalk. Ironically Toyota does wire each model specifically, funny I owudl think it woudl be more cost effective to make 500k cars the same way, but I guess with their numbers there are enough of each model made to make unique parts cost effective.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

I thought myself that the loaded 2007 TCH will have HID headlamps, but after delivery I realized it did NOT as I compared to my 2006 Sienna LTD FWD that has the HID headlamps which I really like the nice rich relaxing white light . Oh well, at least it has the optitron meters with speedometer... same as my 2006 Sienna.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Do a search on "fog lights" and you will find several threads including:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ght=fog+lights
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ght=fog+lights