How to add SOC to Scangauge II???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How to add SOC to Scangauge II???

I got through last week by calling their phone number to ask a question. I saw two news shows two and three months ago about hypermilers. One had a gas powered honda accord that got 50 mpg just by the way he drove it. Near the end of taking the newscaster for a ride. He gave some credit to the scan gauge helping him with his high mpg numbers.

In a different show another hypermiler did similar with a prius and at the end of the news clip mentioned and showed a close up shot of his scan gauge.

I called about 6 months ago to ask about the traction battery voltage and temperature for the Camry. I was told they have not yet found the code for those readings.

Evidently it works for the traction battery in the prius but they told me the data codes on the bus were different for the Camry.

Here is the page I used to contact them in Tempe, Arizona. I did note the tech I talked with last week was rather new and had to ask the regular techs my question.

http://www.scangauge.com/contactus.shtml

Last edited by rburt07; 10-03-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:49 PM
old fart

I have called them a couple times and they called me back within a couple hours.good support.slow to answer emails as they are busy with support on the phone.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 PM
2nd Driver

Originally Posted by BOFH
Does anyone have the xgauge codes or a location where I can find them for TCH functions.
Much remains to be learned about TCH x-gauges.

Best place to become informed - or to participate - is CleanMPG …
For ALL forums
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/

For ScanGauge II
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

For TCH
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66

Old 02-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Enthusiast

I bought my SG a couple days after buying my TCH, just so I'd have some decent gauges. Like others, I wanted SOC and HV battery amps. That was two years ago. Still waiting :-(

Old 07-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Enthusiast

Now over 7 years and *still waiting* for some hybrid-specific codes for my TCH. Great car ...

Old 07-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wseverin
Now over 7 years and *still waiting* for some hybrid-specific codes for my TCH. Great car ...
I didn't have this information here when I drove my '07 TCH. I did add some guage's to my SCII after buying my '12 TCH.

I like the SOC and use it frequently as I do drive slow enough that I can go a up to 8 to 10 minutes when in EV. I do this in safe areas like mostly in town. On the way home late at night around 11 pm it's 8 miles to the turnoff to the country road to our house. The temp tonight was 77 deg in town and 75 out here near our house. I made not one but two 10 minute runs and 2 minutes recharge after each run. I averaged 60 mpg on the trip home. Their was only 3 cars passed us on the way home and yes I used my flashers a blink ever now and then till they change lanes to pass us on the 4-lane highway.

I use the SOC so a full charge shows 46 to 48, then when it dropped to 42 I can speed up rather easy so the engine will not start. I can get up to 30 to 35 mph on a level road then allow the engine to start especially of were leaving town where the speed limit is 35 for a few miles to the main highway. I can drive 40 mpg and the car will go into EV without any assistance. I also let the car recharge at 40 mph only if their is very little traffic and the speed limit is 45 to 55 mph. They are those days of heavier traffic were I do drive at 50 so it's not that dangerous with cars passing at 55. The highway patrol watch this many mile of 55 like a hawk. Most go slow knowing the highway patrol and Sheriff's deputies are all over day and night especially on Fridays and the weekends.

So my gas mileage on the '12 is just like on the '07 still running 50 and 51 mpg. Like I say slow down and use the EV more as in EV you not using any gas. I used to average 55 mpg with the '07 but no doubt the ethanol at 10% is sure hurting my mpg. I do use a www.toptiergas.com gasoline which keeps my injectors and pistons clean. Top tier gas don't cost anymore than the government based gasoline's which you find at the discount stations, some not even having a brand name of gas they sell.

Used www.gasbuddy.com to find a top tier station near you or one that keeps their prices down if their located near a discount station.

Back to the SOC X-guage I put in my SCII. I will past a few sites that list many X-gauges. Many are for the Prius but some also work on the Camry TCH.

Be sure to watch this guys youtube video on how to punch in the codes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&hl=en#gid=5

http://www.scangauge.com/support/x-g...yota-specific/

That's all I got on the subject. I can't answer any questions on the SC other they I got a few of the X-gauges to work on mine.

Hope this helps with your search for a SOC for you TCH.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast

This worked for me:
State of Charge (%)
TXD: 07E221CE
RXF: 056186CE0000
RXD: 3008
MTH: 000A00020000
NAME: SOC