How Long Must I Wait?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default How Long Must I Wait?

I just ordered my 09 TCH on July 16th. I live in the NYC metro-area. I was told the car would be from 3 to 6 weeks till I got my car, but the dealer didn't seem like he had any idea. Does anyone know how long it is taking to get a TCH once ordered?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How Long Must I Wait?

Originally Posted by jg013c
I just ordered my 09 TCH on July 16th. I live in the NYC metro-area. I was told the car would be from 3 to 6 weeks till I got my car, but the dealer didn't seem like he had any idea. Does anyone know how long it is taking to get a TCH once ordered?
I ordered mine May 4th and received it July 24th.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Outcast Enthusiast

jg013c - can you share what price you paid?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wow Dutch-Bird, that was nearly 3 months. What state/province are you in? Also, demand has only gone up since May.

As for DOASC, I paid too much to be sure, $500 below MSRP. I was looking for a fully loaded (leather & nav) model. I was deciding between the XLE and the Hybrid. The XLE was offered to me at $500 over invoice, the Hybrid was offered to me at full MSRP.

MSRP for fully loaded (E-package) is $31,430. I wound up paying about $31,100 (only a $300 discount) but they either just raised the MSRP or are raising it soon, so it might be even more now. I hear stories about people getting the TCH 2 years ago for thousands under MSRP. Well, that was then and this is now.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Professional Hacker

Wow, you gotta love So Cal!
I ordered mine on July 15, 2008 and picked it up on July 22nd. It arrived on the 18th (Friday) but there was no one to prep it until Monday the 22nd.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ya, there are some issues here in the NY area. For starters, there are some new rules in New York City about taxis having to be hybrid. I don't know the details but this probably sucks our supply of hybrids. Also, because many dealerships are charging over MSRP, inventory is being diverted to the highest bidder. I was told on the phone by one area Toyota dealer that it wold be a 6 month wait for a Camry Hybrid at 10% over MSRP, but "for the right price" I could get one right away.

Also, California has a reputation for environmental consciousness, perhaps their allotment of hybrids is larger.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Enthusiast

I've found it largely depends on the color

In the past 3 months I've purchased 2 Toyota Camry Hybirds; the first was in May and I payed $29,900 for the fully loaded model (moonroof, DVD Nav, Leather, etc). That car was totalled 3 weeks after I bought it (stupid SUV Drivers).

The second I am picking up tomorrow, and it is an exact replica of the 1st one, but I'm paying $32,500 for it; which is basically sticker price + delivery charge. I went to the exact same dealer and he told me that was the absolute 'best' he could do.

It seems that in recent months, with gas and oil doing the stupid things they are doing, that demand for these cars has gone through the roof. I ordered my second one 1 week after my 1st Camry was declared totalled and it arrived at the dealer about 3 weeks later. I ordered the "green" one, but I could have had a brown one they next day.

-H

Last edited by hcarter111; 08-08-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jg013c
I hear stories about people getting the TCH 2 years ago for thousands under MSRP.
Here's what it was like at Carmax Toyota Laurel, MD in March 2007:

MSRP: 30,929
Carmax Price (they're a no-haggle shop): 28,448
Additional Factory Incentive: 600
Tax Credit: 1300
Net: $26,548 for a fully loaded TCH.

Add tax/tags/title but I don't remember those numbers.

I intentionally bought in March before the tax credits dropped in half. On the lot there were 5 or 6 fully loaded TCH's in tan, red, and white; there were two metallic gray leather/no nav ones; and I think there were a few with cloth interiors (I wanted leather so I was not paying much attention to those). In addition there was a Jasper Pearl that had come off the truck that day and was not yet in the Carmax computer system. We spotted it on the lot and that's the one I purchased.

My recollection is that there was not a big difference in price from a similarly outfitted XLE V6 (i.e. with leather and Nav).

Old 08-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I visited the KY Camry plant yesterday.

One out of three Camrys on the line is a hybrid. The tour guide said every car being built is for a customer, not dealer stock.

The biggest problem is the availability of the hybrid battery. That is determining the delivery time. They are looking at building a hybrid battery manufacturing plant in the US the tour guide told us.

The tour was very interesting.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
The biggest problem is the availability of the hybrid battery. That is determining the delivery time. They are looking at building a hybrid battery manufacturing plant in the US the tour guide told us.
That would make sense especially with the Prius being built in the US in 2010.

Quick Reply: How Long Must I Wait?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands